Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

April 16, 2016

An idea of how The One will be sited/viewed from Jesse Ketchum Park (taken from NW corner of the artificial turf). I'd say about 40% of 1BE's west side will be blocked from this angle.

Got this in the mail today:

27D9JFN.jpg

Not sure if I've ever heard of a public meeting being held at 10am on a work day. Kinda defeats the purpose, no?

From my perspective - Big Daddy was responding to a legitimate question - why the reduction in height, posed by 67cup. Big Daddy's response, for the benefit of 67cup, covered some of the major possible reasons for the rethink in height, adding the qualification that at this point, other than those directly involved, know one knows for sure. An appropriate for someone who may not have been following all the issues with the proposed building over the past couple of years.

What I fail to see is how Big Daddy's response warranted the two replies above. The issues mentioned by Big Daddy have been raised before - if anything, the first comment is in my opinion both inaccurate and gratuitous. As for the second response, quoted above, its imagery applies to that response itself, and not to Big Daddy's comment.

My issue with Big Daddy is his obsessive blaming of KWT for everything that ever goes "wrong" with her ward (which includes actual problems and problems he makes up, such as buildings being too short to please him). Otherwise fair enough, I just get tired of listening to him spout off his "speculation" (read - lies) about KWT.

Scroll back umpteen pages - the exact same arguments - all the way to "just another one" had been posted before by the same. Yes, just another one that is a Foster, if we are only that lucky.

It's not for anyone's benefit - it's rehashing the same tired points over again.

AoD

As much as the continuously rehashing comments about Velocity and Hotel X projects? IMHO those two threads have more than reached the saturation point in repetitive rehashing - notwithstanding the justification of their underlying issues...

Last edited:

Back