Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

March 19.
Taking their time on the toe as well the various window panels

Work was taking place on the catwalk at the roof with the tower crane while there.
25375433574_84271e3752_b.jpg

25711348560_77ebd83fd1_b.jpg

26011932575_ea58be5fc8_b.jpg

25379263734_f2230d78b7_b.jpg

25379259674_887e76040e_b.jpg

26011967025_b8d63835ff_b.jpg

25379265504_649719d8d7_b.jpg

If the sign has been there for 10 years, doesn't that make it de facto permanent, even if it looks temporary? :)
They have to do major work on the west walls of Sony Centre so I assume that is why it is still not permanent. By the time they can do something proper Sony will have moved on and we will have the Rob & Doug Ford Memorial Centre or some such!

That article is a perfect snapshot of the incompetence responsible for this fiasco. The crane was to come down a month after August 2015? Then in November 2015?

Then the developer asks tenants to 'please be patient,' but doesn't elaborate why it has broken numerous deadlines?

Feel badly for those living there.

I think they have discovered that for some reason, the construction crew built it into the main structure and now the crane is holding up the tower! Removal will be tricky.

btw

Shouldn't this tower be renamed? It's clearly not an "L".

How about the "cobra" tower?

They have to do major work on the west walls of Sony Centre so I assume that is why it is still not permanent. By the time they can do something proper Sony will have moved on and we will have the Rob & Doug Ford Memorial Centre or some such!
Thank you for the through explanation.

Am I missing something? I always presumed the "L" in L-Tower was for "Liebskind" and had nothing whatsoever to do with the boot and the tower forming a "L-shape" - that was just a convenient coincidence. Starchitects have egos like eveyone else, maybe more so. It seemed pretty obvious to me why the tower was named what it was.

Am I missing something? I always presumed the "L" in L-Tower was for "Liebskind" and had nothing whatsoever to do with the boot and the tower forming a "L-shape" - that was just a convenient coincidence. Starchitects have egos like eveyone else, maybe more so. It seemed pretty obvious to me why the tower was named what it was.

It's the other way around. It was a convenient coincidence that the L in L Tower stood for Liebskind. It was originally named primarily because it was supposed to look like an "L" shape.

It looks like the L in the words looks and like in this post, and in the words primarily, look, and like in your post, @NGBtect.

Anyway, I'm sure it was the L Tower for both the shape and the architect, not just one or the other; the sum as a result of the parts.

Iether way the next building (160 front street) is a similar design hopefully they think of a way to dissassemble the damn crane. This is a really big problem, and has created quite the odd eye sore. And the next bad storm we get with extreme winds I really worry what could happen there. Only a matter of time unless that is what they are waiting for... to just rought it's self off. LOL

Back