Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

I noticed today that all of the ground level windows in the building adjacent to the Trump site have been 'boarded up' with blue styrofoam panels to prevent them from being damaged. I'm guessing construction at Trump will begin fairly soon.

Construction will start in another year, meanwhile they will make it seem as though things are happening via many mini-movements on the site.

-->First, bring a big boring machine on site, then take down the sales centre (slowly)
-->then move the machinery around for a couple of weeks-
-->have a ground breaking ceremony, but call it off
--> shift dates and then have the official ground breaking ceremony
-->then let three weeks pass, merely moving things around to keep people interested and believing that something INFACT is happening.
-->apply blue foam panels to neighbouring building.
-->shift machinery again.
-->dig a few holes
-->etc..
-->et voila, its spring 2008 and still no construction

any bets on how long this building will actually take to get started?

p5

I'm willing to bet that it'll get underway somewhere between now and when they start - but not a moment sooner.

Construction will start in another year, meanwhile they will make it seem as though things are happening via many mini-movements on the site.

-->First, bring a big boring machine on site, then take down the sales centre (slowly)
-->then move the machinery around for a couple of weeks-
-->have a ground breaking ceremony, but call it off
--> shift dates and then have the official ground breaking ceremony
-->then let three weeks pass, merely moving things around to keep people interested and believing that something INFACT is happening.
-->apply blue foam panels to neighbouring building.
-->shift machinery again.
-->dig a few holes
-->etc..
-->et voila, its spring 2008 and still no construction

any bets on how long this building will actually take to get started?

p5

No, but I would be willing to bet that your Spring 2008 is probably best case scenario.

Still no "official rendering" from Trump/Talon
Still no updated website
Still no hoarding
Still no real construction activity
No new inventory is available for sale right now

Is this building really going to be built? I honestly don't know. For somebody who has bought property in this building, doesn't that seem strange to be hearing this from me? Silence is a killer and silence is all I am getting.

As I mentioned on the 1 Bloor E. thread, with all the businesses on that corner posting moving notices in anticipation of demolition proceeding there, I think its time that we start placing bets on which will be built first 1 Bloor E. or Trump ? After hearing so many horror stories on this forum I dont know why anyone would buy a unit in a building before it is completed... way too much risk and stress!

Oct 30-07

1805741079_b57d438f86_b.jpg

1805742339_4fcedb5c66_b.jpg

is that steel for shoring? looks like they will be getting underway soon..

I think they just borrowed a few spare beams from BA across the street to make it look like they're doing something :)

As I mentioned on the 1 Bloor E. thread, with all the businesses on that corner posting moving notices in anticipation of demolition proceeding there, I think its time that we start placing bets on which will be built first 1 Bloor E. or Trump ? After hearing so many horror stories on this forum I dont know why anyone would buy a unit in a building before it is completed... way too much risk and stress!

We had a poll last spring as to who would begin construction first, Trump or Four Seasons. Looks like Trump will be first out of the gate between the above mentioned and 1BE.

is that steel for shoring? looks like they will be getting underway soon..

Hey! New here. Been lurking for about a year.

What exactly is shoring? I'm guessing it's using those beams to keep the sides of the hole from collapsing inward while they're digging. No?

Back