Toronto CampusOne Student Residence (was University Place) | 79.85m | 25s | Knightstone | Diamond Schmitt

Today:
IMG_0702.jpg
IMG_0704.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0702.jpg
    IMG_0702.jpg
    988.1 KB · Views: 1,543
  • IMG_0704.jpg
    IMG_0704.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,599
Will the building retain...that girth all the way up?
Yes, but for future reference, renderings in the dataBase link up top will answer that

Glad that things are happening around this intersection. But I think this and the one west of spadina on college - the tribute one, are good testament that shorter can have bigger bulkier presence and feel more over bearing than a taller slimmer point tower.

Glad that things are happening around this intersection. But I think this and the one west of spadina on college - the tribute one, are good testament that shorter can have bigger bulkier presence and feel more over bearing than a taller slimmer point tower.

This isn't short by any means for this area. I find it unlikely anyone would build a point tower student residence. Even the original height still had a large floor plate.

What will it take for that nightmarish structure with the Burger King, etc. to be developed? Such a waste of such prominent space.

It hasn't been treated well, but it looks like it started off as a sleek minimalist modern building which perhaps housed a bank, similar to the more midcentury modern CIBC kitty corner to this location. I've always wondered about its origins.

Last edited:
Purpose-built private student housing is terrible. There's, of course, the Campus Common building at Gerrard and Church. There's the craptacular pre-cast towers in the University/King/Columbia area of Waterloo. Now this.

The condos geared to investors and student rentals like Pace are boring, but at least mostly aren't eyesores.

Back