Toronto 88 North (88 Queen East) | 90.52m | 27s | St Thomas Dev | Arcadis

I live in the neighbourhood; I'd love to see a green space park included in the development of this site. It's worth noting that the city has a lot of money set aside for park allocation, but left unspent.

As for the "sketchy" element, there are a lot of new condos coming on the market; there will be a need for some open space, even a dog park. (The closest is at the northeast corner of Allan Gardens). Moss Park is mostly programmed for sports fields, Arena Gardens Park (where the Mutual Street Arena was located) isn't much more than a playground, and the Metropolitan United Church grounds aren't owned by the city.
Seriously?....
Screen Shot 2015-12-18 at 1.43.15 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-18 at 1.43.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-18 at 1.43.15 PM.png
    214.6 KB · Views: 1,913
Uh, you read my whole post, didn't you? Where I describe the issues with the MUC grounds and Moss Park being almost entirely programmed as a sports field?
I did... that's not necessarily true though. There's a baseball field at Moss Park and a hockey rink, but there's still quite a bit of "open" space. Also, while the city doesn't own the MUC grounds it's still accessible to the public.

Privately owned publicly accessible space can provide a valuable amenity to a neighbourhood, but it's not as good as public parkland. I don't think it's good planning to forego opportunities for actual parkland because there happens to be some POPS nearby.

Moss Park is heavily used. As the East Downtown intensifies, we need to be looking beyond that one park and providing for future needs, not simply pointing to existing green spaces on maps.

It's so meh. The things that could be done here, and they go with that? Random balconies is 2007. However, if it's gonna have a market in the bottom, that would be awesome!

I agree.... I was expecting something way more interesting here? Plus something higher. Perhaps it's mentioned but is this whole parcel owned by the same developer?

The podium is decent. Just gets worst the higher you go. Hate the crown.

Good height for the location. Doesn't need more.

Back