Toronto PJ Condos | 156.96m | 48s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Wow !! finally another colour either than the pale blue green look for the facade. If I'm not mistaken there's a red brick look for the columns that travel upwards to the top of the building. I like the podium with those traditional looking red brick arches and concrete columns. Cool !!

I'm not 100% sold on the tower, but I love the brick.

It'd be great if more developers started using it.

Official Plan Amendment for the John-Adelaide-Duncan-Pearl block, relating to the 283 Adelaide OMB appeal

Date: Wednesday, September 9, 2015
Time: 6:30pm

? why would they need an OPA here, and since when had they applied for one? The E-Status files for the OMB show this one as appealing for lack of decision on a zoning bylaw amendment, not an official plan amendment.

@innsertnamehere: the answer to your question (of nearly 4 months ago!) can be found in this OMB doc from November. In fact, there is another Pre-hearing on today to advance the decision-making on PJ.

Meanwhile, it looks like we're going for 48 or so soaring storeys here, not the piddly 41 first asked for. Pinnacle is gearing up for marketing, and Hariri-Pontarini has provided early shots of the scale model which can now be seen through the windows of the sales centre.

image014.jpg
image015.jpg
image015b.jpg
image016.jpg

Attachments

• image014.jpg
    image014.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,634
  • image015.jpg
    image015.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 1,661
  • image015b.jpg
    image015b.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1,662
  • image016.jpg
    image016.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,688
That looks amazing. I think this development is going to do wonders for this intersection. It's going to really fill it in.

I agree, we need more of this to join Picasso and Bisha to neutralize all those sterile Glass Boxes in the area.
I only wished Bisha was 200 meters tall to block M4V, festival tower and its brother in that cluster !!!!!

^looks like zoning is a non-issue with Pinnacle and the city. The OPA appears to be the only real issue still and it's tied in to the adjacent appeal for Allied where the OP appears to have been amended in November, and then Allied appealed that amendment. I hope this is actually less complicated than how I am reading it! ;) If anyone else is more versed in the planning act and process please help me fill in the blanks where I may be incorrect.

All I wanted to point out is that the zoning between the city (heights, density) is basically agreed upon between the city and Pinnacle.

That is a beautiful building....I just don't think the finished product will look like the model, though? Brick? 41 storeys? Pinnacle? Yea right.

Back