Toronto Velocity at the Square | 122.52m | 40s | HNR | P + S / IBI

The thing is, I dont even think more glass would save this building. Its just unappealing from head to toe.

the salmon part is actually probably the best part. Please let the balconies atleast be a different shade of grey. this is like 30roe but more boring

Disgusting and insulting. I suppose on the bright side, Massey Tower will hopefully be tall and striking enough to take some of the focus away from this thing in a couple of years.

Massey Tower will hopefully be tall and striking enough to take some of the focus away from this

It will, and so will everything else around it, this is small potatoes in the big picture and every city has a bunch of them
the average person doesn't care how it looks but how it functions, anyways great location to live

This is the second miss by D+S of late, considering how High Park turned out. Hey on the bright side, Yonge and Dundas can be the place for awful, sub-third world class architecture - 10 Dundas, Eaton Centre thingamajig, etc.

AoD

You mean all new buildings have to have this much spandrel!

Pretty much. There are exemptions but, most developers probably would choose not to go through the hassle. The rentals in Davisville Village have a similar spandrel to glass arrangement. There are others as well.

This is the second miss by D+S of late, considering how High Park turned out. Hey on the bright side, Yonge and Dundas can be the place for awful, sub-third world class architecture - 10 Dundas, Eaton Centre thingamajig, etc.

AoD

Thought you guys reported D+S left the project.

And a beautiful historic building was demolished for this? Makes me nauseous.

Is Yonge & Dundas seriously being intentionally planned to be the ugliest place on earth? Why do the standards there seem so much lower than everywhere else in the city?

Back