News   Apr 26, 2024
 108     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 147     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 573     0 

Long Live - Liberal! Feb Holiday!

Multicultural Day? Ugh, I'll take Family Day over that, and I don't even like the name Family Day.

It seems today that all you see
Is violence in movies and sex on TV
But where are those good old-fashioned values
On which we use to rely?

Lucky there's a Family Day
Lucky there's a day that, positively can do
All the things that make us laugh and cry
It's our Family Day!

or Still Paying My F* X-mas Bills Thanks To My Family Day

Come on Liberal, why stop there? June June June!!!

I'd call it Multicultural Celebration Day :p A day to celebrate the multicutural the city has to offer...

I'm all for a holiday in June but I'm no so sure this would fly in Barrie, Timmons, Sudbury etc. There isn't much in the way of multiculturalism outside of Toronto worth celebrating, save for Chinese food restaurants.

Family Day is pretty bad, but that's Dalton for you - the one who brought you the Highway of Heroes and the Three Guys in a Hot Tub logo.

Hey come on; three guys in a hot tub can be a family, too.

I'm all for a holiday in June but I'm no so sure this would fly in Barrie, Timmons, Sudbury etc. There isn't much in the way of multiculturalism outside of Toronto worth celebrating, save for Chinese food restaurants.

Wow, you mustn't get out of Toronto much. Ontario's other cities are filled with immigrants and other cultures, and they're quite willing and eager to celebrate them.

I vote we call it Prometheus The Supremo Appreciation Day

why thank you :D

you might be on to something. all these holidays we have, they're usually about someone else and focus on bringing people together. why not have a holiday about ones self? what about "me day"? alone? in debt? don't worry! today is about you! fuck everyone else and have a ball! :D

gorilla-713203.gif

If single people can have Family Day, those small subs can have multicultural day. As usually, it's optional. If people don't like it, they can go to work. :cool:

This Family Day can't get no respect. I, for one, will try to enjoy this new holiday with my family. I just hope that people without families won't get seriously depressed in February. It would be ironic.

i would like the holiday really, miss some school...

lol "long live Liberal"....

Have not heard that since the Chretien days... :p

For some this is good as it will mean another day off of work.
For some it could be a bit of a draw back. Take this example.....

Joe Ontarion works for a National employer (who has offices across Canada). He gets 3 weeks vacation time, but in addition to this, he gets an additional "lieu day" to take whenever he wants since other provinces (Quebecc, B.C. and Alberta) have one extra provincial holiday than Ontario. That "lieu day" can be taken whenever he wants. Now, that same Joe Ontarion has the same number of days off as QC, BC and AB, so he wont be able to take the "lieu day" when he wants. he MUST take it on the 3rd Monday in February. Not a big deal for some, but less choice for others who would want to take the day off at another time.

Back