Mississauga One Park Tower | ?m | 38s | Daniels | Kirkor

I'm saying that PPS has set the standards higher, and we will probably see more changes now with new buildings fronting major streets,etc. The city has realized that they can't just pass any building with no retail at the base in an area where it's desperately needed. They never seemed to care about those things 2 years ago, but ever since PPS, they seem all about making the City Centre into a proper "downtown".

They have done it lots of times before. Just look at Kariya Drive and Enfield Place... all of the buildings there are at least 10 years old but they all are built right up to the street with street-level retail. Recent developments are not all that much better and are actually a little worse in some cases (e.g. Absolute, Ovation, Universal).

just an FYI, they finally started to enclose the crown of 1PT today, starting on the west side...

Photos from today:

I couldn't get a good shot of the crown due to the angle of the sun, but it's pretty much done on the east and west sides. The colour is a dark grey and it matches the building well (much better than Capital):

DSC05654.jpg

They are removing the hoarding along Confederation today:

DSC05652.jpg

It IS in the middle of nowhere. It is undeveloped land. Educate yourself lest you make stupid comments like that.

Also, the setback from Confederation seems very small to my eyes, but again Torontonians has a double standard when it comes to Mississauga.

I'd rather live in Thunder Bay than that desolate streetscape! Looks like a University campus in the middle of nowhere. Look at the setbacks! Miss thinks this will be their downtown? LMAO!

Of course it looks like it's in the middle of nowhere. It's the last tall building in that direction, with a whole pile of undeveloped land around it. For now, Chicago has already started excavation.
YOu could have built this exact building in the middle of the undeveloped land that CItyplace used to be and took a photo and said the exact same thing you said.

The podium has a fortress quality to it. It's by far the worst thing about the building - much worse than the fussy tower up top.

Otherwise it ain't horrible.

UrbanDreamer, I am sure there is a place waiting for you in Thunder Bay.....:)

Back