Toronto Market Wharf | 110.33m | 33s | Context Development | a—A

Something called QT appears to have rented some of the retail space on Jarvis.

IMG_20150820_144236.jpg
IMG_20150820_144313.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20150820_144236.jpg
    IMG_20150820_144236.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,183
  • IMG_20150820_144313.jpg
    IMG_20150820_144313.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,264
St. Lawrence is the best neighbourhood in Toronto. What I like most about it is that it's not like the typical area in Toronto. Looks glamourous and well kept.

St. Lawrence is the best neighbourhood in Toronto. What I like most about it is that it's not like the typical area in Toronto. Looks glamourous and well kept.

Not sure you would have said that 5 years ago or so, so much has changed and been redone in the area ... in other words other areas can change too !

Not sure you would have said that 5 years ago or so, so much has changed and been redone in the area ... in other words other areas can change too !
Not really sure how much the area has changed in 5 years. I even remember visiting the area around St. Lawrence market as far back as 2001 and having such feelings.

It's just semantics, but I would use "glamorous" for Yorkville. Part of the "glamour" is in its reputation and public perception, I suppose. "Glamour" elicits images of high fashion, fancy cars and red carpet lifestyles for me.

I'm not sure how I would describe St. Lawrence Market and area myself to be honest. It's the best "slice of Toronto life" neighbourhood in my opinion.

The one thing special about the neighbourhood is how consistently the mid-rise built-form is, especially along the key Esplanade axis. It'a almost European - you almost never get (and if you got, have it maintained) this degree of consistency in Toronto, even along key corridors. That's also one reason why 177 Front is kind of obscene in the context. The best way to demonstrate this is by 3D function in Google Maps:

upload_2015-9-18_11-19-22.png

AoD

Attachments

• upload_2015-9-18_11-19-22.png
    upload_2015-9-18_11-19-22.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 796
It's just semantics, but I would use "glamorous" for Yorkville. Part of the "glamour" is in its reputation and public perception, I suppose. "Glamour" elicits images of high fashion, fancy cars and red carpet lifestyles for me.

I'm not sure how I would describe St. Lawrence Market and area myself to be honest. It's the best "slice of Toronto life" neighbourhood in my opinion.

I think glamorous might have been the wrong word. Maybe European. It looks more like Europe or parts of Montreal than your typical area in Toronto.

Back