Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

Lenscrafters is on the same level as Zara now, no?
Lencrafters was previously located above Zara next to Indigo. It's now located one floor below (you can see part of the sign in the photo) where the Calendar Club pop-up was located (which seems temporary at best).

Speaking of the other side, let's go back to the south end of the new hall and head north looking at the west side.

Next it's L'Occitane, and then there's an unlabeled hoarding (with the two young, attractive shoppers on it).
View attachment 53555

…followed by Shoo. There's another blank after this I think.

I believe the space with the unlabeled hoarding is the new Thomas Sabo shop. I noticed the interior had a lot of jewellery cases inside.

I think that the other "blank" hoarding space you mention is being used as a material unpacking/unloading area (for now). I'm not exactly sure which store will be opening in this space as yet. I don't see much in the way of actual construction happening in that space so far.

I saw this truck at the Eaton Centre North Entrance a few nights ago.. They do a lot of LED signage work downtown and across the city. Thought this might be interesting to post here, and it looks like we might be getting a large LED Billboard here or Design for the north face of the Mall where the backlit signage use to be for the movies. The day the truck was there, was also a serious concrete pour with a couple concrete trucks feeding the signage workers with material. So I'm kinda excited to see it revealed.

IMG_20150824_212233.jpg

Also, a few weeks ago I caught some work which looked like overhanging boxes (overhanging Yonge Street) so it might be the cafe's /restaurants that were talked about as part of the design.

IMG_20150810_093616.jpg

IMG_20150806_110534.jpg

The LED signs might be for the H&M. The whole thing is being wrapped in LED panels from what I understand

Yeah, but that work is on the other side of the Atrium. This work was being done on the old backlit billboard, that was used for Movie Posters/Sears Promotions.

So are they going to open the Eaton centre up to the street and get rid of that solid concrete wall when it's all said and done?

So are they going to open the Eaton centre up to the street and get rid of that solid concrete wall when it's all said and done?

Yes, it will be more open in parts, looking at the construction. Don't have a rendering yet, so we can only tell what is going to happen by the current construction.

Those aren't necessarily for LED signage. Those are light-metal framing, which could just be part of the new building envelope and eventually clad in the same materials as the rest of the exterior.

Back