Toronto 411 Church | 121.91m | 38s | CentreCourt | IBI Group

Automation Gallery

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Interesting, just north of the proposed Stanley Condo tower ....(parking lot @ Church and Wood St.)

411 CHURCH ST
Ward 27 - Tor & E.York District

Proposal for rezoning related to a mixed-use building comprised of a 45 storey residential tower with a 7 storey podium with retail and amenity functions, 3 levels of underground parking, a total of 583 residential units
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 15 205116 STE 27 OZ Aug 11, 2015 Under Review

Last edited:
Hilarious that they've put in an application at 45 storeys here, when the Stanley condos by Tribute immediately to the south of this one ended up at 37 storeys over shadowing concerns for the Church Street Public School grounds that this one is even closer to. This would be laughed out of the OMB if they went to it at that height. Who is proposing this?

Wow, Church st is on fire. There are like 6 or 7 projects already. Not surprised at all considering how close it is to Yonge.

^ an established Toronto developer that is familiar with the local dynamics/politics.

Edit: That was a reply to i42, not ksun

Hilarious that they've put in an application at 45 storeys here, when the Stanley condos by Tribute immediately to the south of this one ended up at 37 storeys over shadowing concerns for the Church Street Public School grounds that this one is even closer to. This would be laughed out of the OMB if they went to it at that height. Who is proposing this?

I dont think its hillarious, why not go for 45s and get 37s-40s, look at the shady deal that went down with Stanley, anything is possible here.......http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...friends-on-toronto-district-school-board.html

^ an established Toronto developer that is familiar with the local dynamics/politics.

Edit: That was a reply to i42, not ksun

I still think it's a mis-read of the situation to propose more than what Tribute got. I don't think whoever this is will get or should get even 37 storeys. There'd be no major backlash if they did propose just 37 storeys, just negotiations, but at 45 storeys, the neighbours will go nuts…

…and that's the take of an established Toronto real estate scene observer who is familiar with the local dynamics/politics.

Well, maybey they want to build 32, but fear if they ask for 37 they'll get cut down to 29. That's how negotiations start - no one expects the first offer to be accepted.

Well, maybey they want to build 32, but fear if they ask for 37 they'll get cut down to 29. That's how negotiations start - no one expects the first offer to be accepted.

I don't think it helps at the beginning of the process to look like a schoolyard bully, and I don't think that the initial ask has all that much to do with what they are finally allowed to build. If the first salvo did have significant sway on the final outcome, then they have stupidly only asked for 45 storeys when they should have gone with 85.

There is no reason to go beyond 37 here in the initial ask. The City won't want that height even—they won't want anything that increases the shadow on the school grounds beyond what the Tribute building will add to it—but the developer could say with 37 "that's what the building got beside us", and that makes sense as a starting point.

All that will happen because of the bigger ask is a solidification of community opposition to the project and local Councillor opposition, all while bringing renewed attention to the earlier very questionable negotiations between the beleaguered TDSB and Tribute.

Does this developer want the heightened scrutiny on this project? They are going to get it now.

This lot is obviously closer to the playground at Church St. Public School (across the street), so it should be considerably lower than the sneaky 37-storey Stanley condo deal.

Back