News   Apr 19, 2024
 126     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 814     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 7.7K     2 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

Well that sucks, I've been going there to get my loose leaf teas since moving downtown.

I suppose you'll have to go to the Eaton Centre. Teavana is still there. Or you can go to David's at Bloor/Bathurst. Maybe David's will take over.

David's and Teavana are quite different. I'm not a big fan of Teavana, but a great (and much better) alternative in that general area would be House of Tea near the Rosedale subway station.

David's and Teavana are quite different. I'm not a big fan of Teavana, but a great (and much better) alternative in that general area would be House of Tea near the Rosedale subway station.

Yes I've now been there twice to get tea. My only issue with them so far is that they force you to buy a minimum of 100 gm and cannot let you try something buy selling you a cup of tea. Their quality has been good so far though.

Now that NineWest is closing, I wonder who'll move in (or whether it'll stay empty for years like MAC's old spot)?

Construction or construction plus tenant? Any hints ?

Also any truth to the rumour of sephora moving to a bigger spot ?

Bigger spot? As in perhaps taking part of Pottery Barn? Can't think of any other place in the area, unless they go to 1 Bloor East.

Their Colonnade store is pretty small vis-a-vis their current store format. I think they have about 6000 square feet whereas recent flagships in Vancouver and Eaton Centre are 9000 (or so). A Sephora move out of the Colonnade would actually be idea because they had combined three smaller stores in the Colonnade to build that store... so would offer more Colonnade retail for luxury.

I always thought Sephora was going into the old Jacob space at Manulife Centre. But with its redevelopment plans now moving along, not sure if they will land somewhere in the new space, or if they will find their new home elsewhere along Bloor.

I always thought Sephora was going into the old Jacob space at Manulife Centre. But with its redevelopment plans now moving along, not sure if they will land somewhere in the new space, or if they will find their new home elsewhere along Bloor.

I don't think a two floor Sephora would've worked, anyway.

Back