Mississauga 88 Park | 144.66m | 42s | Edenshaw | Core Architects

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
The Master Transit Hub Plan vision for the station calls for 11 properties to be use for this development.

The station will be torn down to make way for the 4th track that I said we would see when the EA was being done for the 3rd track within 15 years of completion.

Metrolinx wants a 6 story parking structure on the existing Hurontario site with construction underway by 2018 and completed by 2020 as a P3. The building will be set 15m from the LRT and hold as many as 800 cars. Some levels maybe underground. There will be a cover walkway from Hurontario to the station.

2 towers are proposed to sit on top of the structure ranging from 8-22s. This is a mix development that could see 400-600 units plus commercial. This could be done in phases.

The lands that was once the lawn bowling club on the south side of Peter St would see an 8s+ building.

The lands on the west side of Ann St could be 4-8s depending if the landowner work as one.

This is still a work in process with IBI Group being the consultants for Metrolinx.

Draft report will be issue to the City in July, who are doing their own report that will be combine for a fall presentation to council. Official changes to the City plan and land use will have to take place after the fall meeting.

This will be a P3 development.

Too many cars and does not include any parking for retail, commercial use, residential. Time to go to 0-50% parking requirement for development and reduce Station parking requirement across the board.

The city owns some of the land for this development.

No timetable for the 4th track EA at this time and it has to happen soon for this station redevelopment.

Is there bike parking proposed? It's time that we start including facilities like this recently completed one in Delft, maybe not holding 5,000 spaces, but 1,000.

I think its still too early to tell how exactly bikes will be handled, but accommodating cyclists was a big part of the initial planning for this site. It's why it is being called a 'mobility hub' by Metrolinx.

"The site will be used to pilot programs that will encourage people to change their transportation habits, including improved access for cyclists, pedestrians, transit riders and carpoolers, and the possibility of parking discounts and charging stations for drivers using green vehicles."
-http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/transportation/2015/03/03/metrolinx-seeks-redevelopment-partner-for-port-credit-go-station.html

Thanks for that Star quote Tuscani.

Did you watch the video, by the way? The Deflt station is absolutely drool-worthy.

The structure of the above ground parking should allow for the possibility of retrofit into commercial office/residential space - 800 spots for a prime site like this is overkill in the long term.

AoD

The structure of the above ground parking should allow for the possibility of retrofit into commercial office/residential space - 800 spots for a prime site like this is overkill in the long term.

AoD
I believe Mississauga's urban design guidelines call for just that. (I know they do for MCC, not sure if it's just for MCC though)

Is there bike parking proposed? It's time that we start including facilities like this recently completed one in Delft, maybe not holding 5,000 spaces, but 1,000.

I love the way the Dutch do things from their architecture, to transit, to cycle lanes. Lovely country. We can learn a lot from them in this city and country.

Dedicated bicycle parking would be great. For an area with lots of cyclists (Port Credit, and Long Branch, too), the GO Stations have abysmal facilities for cyclists. Port Credit has two roofed shelters for a total of maybe 24 spaces. Long Branch has about the same. What a joke.

Port Credit is pretty much a perfect station for a large bicycle parking facility.

even getting a 100 spots or so close to the platform would be great.

I will admit that at least GO has bike parking, the TTC has a bit of catching up to do on that front..

As for Delft, I was there in 2011 right at the beginning of the construction of that new station. They just had huge areas of above ground storage of bikes at that time, and I found it extremely disorganized and haphazard. The new station looks much better.

Not a chance. More people are cycling all the time. It's about getting fit, not polluting, and really seeing the city. While not everyone is going to give up driving exactly, bikes are coming on in a big way and there's no reason to think that those recent motorized options are going to kill it. Cyclists are really looking for those options as far as I know.

The best way to get fit is walking, which is why I've given up cycling. On foot by the foot is the best way to experience life.:) But I believe aging boomers and their grand children will be tempted to ditch their cars for self-driving vehicles. Trends can change over a decade with clever marketing.

Back