Toronto Westlake Encore | 146.3m | 45s | Onni Group | P + S / IBI

DSC_6061.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_6061.JPG
    DSC_6061.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,807
Right across from where Park Lawn Streetcar Loop was supposed to go:
http://markgrimes.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/TTC-Park-Lawn-Loop-Response.pdf

Appalling though that response may be, at least something was put out. Perhaps, coinciding with the attempted sale of the Mondelez lands, a comprehensive study for an integrated station could happen here.

*Aside* said study may not happen any time soon, but as it would increase the sale value of the land, and the value for whomever will eventually build on it, it would probably be prudent to undertake. I know that GO likes 3km between stations and this would certainly be less that that (to Mimico) but the potential passenger pick up (even within peak hours) from Humber Bay Shores Residents would likely be enough to justify a station here.

Oh, right, we need a Westlake *Encore* because there just aren't enough Westlake towers as it is.

I think it just means that it's the fourth and final tower of their Westlake project. It's an encore, like their final building. I wouldn't read into much more than that. If you know anything about marketing or architecture you would know it's just a marketing plan to let buyers know that it's the last tower by Onni here.

^^ I think what he meant to say is that it's absolutely maddening how much sh*itty development has come and is still coming to the area.

Back