Member Bio
Reaction score
Freed and Trolleybus partnering up for a 80 unit townhouse project in Midtown

http://sherwoodparkmoderntowns.com/

QWukt6k.jpg

338iwsE.jpg

ZuSWysg.jpg

xnQ9dCf.jpg

I do think these look really nice. It'll complement the low-rise condos at 900 and 1000 Mount Pleasant. This short stretch on Mount Pleasant, just north of Eglinton, has been in need of some rejuvenation for some time now. This looks to be a good addition to the area.

Thanks for posting these. It was rps of the week 2 week's ago but I was too lazy to make a new thread.

I'm guessing Core Architects? Look like an update of their ones on Richmond Street West.

RAW Design

Oh. Maybe Freed will start using RAW more often? When you push them hard they can do cool stuff.

Whenever I'm around the Bloor/Kipling/Queensway/Islington block I sometimes fantasize of the entire area being redeveloped with stuff like this, tossed in with cute little strips of mixed use/retail etc. Basically, recreating the scale/density/built form found throughout Montreal.

Last edited:
Sold out in 1 day

80 units all in 1 day...That was quick. Based on information from Buzz Buzz Home, pricing ranged from $370k to $1.56M and unit sizes were between 619 sqft and 2,328 sqft. Average cost per square foot being $644/sqft. Not a bad unit cost for this building in this area.

“We’re not against development,” adds Marcia Visser, founder of the Density Creep Neighborhood Alliance, who is concerned about privacy, traffic and an influx of transient people. “We’re just for planned development that enriches our neighbourhood and maintains and reinforces the physical character of our neighbourhood.”

So low-rise townhouse developments don't reinforce the physical character of your low-rise neighbourhood?

To be fair, out of the 80 units, only a handful were around 500k or less. 80% of the units were at least 770K with the most expensive going for 1.5 I believe.

Parking spot and locker were not included. A parking spot costs around 47k. That said, I wish I got in on this. If I didn't buy a previous pre construction, I definitely would have gotten in on this. Perfect area for my wife and I.

Back