1.5K 0 17
Improvements will include making the station accessible for customers with all levels of mobility, building a second exit to enhance customer convenience and safety, and other general upgrades and repairs.
When the work is finished, Woodbine Station users will find a barrier-free path to all levels of the station including:
- New elevators from street level to concourse and platforms
- Sliding doors at station entrance and bus platforms
- Improved wayfinding and signage
- A new second exit will also be built at the northwest corner of Woodbine Avenue and Strathmore Boulevard in order to enhance customer convenience and safety. TTC staff are reviewing standards for second exits and will report back on possible changes that could allow second exits to also serve as entrances including possible impacts on cost, schedule, property acquisition and maintenance.
Some other improvements customers can look forward to include:
- Repairs to exterior and interior finishes, lighting and signage
- Repairs to stairs at main station entrance
- Enhanced landscaping in community garden and bus bay
- Repaving of bus loop
- Landscaping near the bus bay and at the second exit will provide customers and local residents with a more attractive, greener station
|Views: 21K | Replies: 52 | Last Post: Dec 03, 2017|