Today's photo of the new Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences comes form Forum member caltrane74, and shows the stark contrast between the new and old in Yorkville. The new hotel is move-in ready, with the original location on Avenue Road having just closed on March 28. Yorkville was one of the first neighbourhoods in Toronto to undergo gentrification, and the Victorian homes that once housed artists and bohemian types have long since given way to trendy boutiques, pricey restaurants and, of course, upscale hotels and condominiums. The Four Seasons' original location will be converted into condominium residences.
Photo of the Day: The New Four Seasons Towers Over Old Yorkville
April 2, 2012 9:00 am | by Anonymous | Comments
Both Bay-Yorkville Developments and Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts felt the two-acre spot at the northeast corner of Bay Street and Yorkville Avenue - just blocks from the existing Four Seasons...
popular dataBase projects
- Today's #ProjectOfTheDay is #Arthaus by @DevMcGill, now under construction in #Ottawa https://t.co/bAmkZ82YWI https://t.co/jHnasgHAEA — 1 day 15 hours ago
- 43-storey tower at Bay + Scollard well received by Yorkvillers @UrbaconBuilding @FosterPartners @RAW_TO https://t.co/mdO1JkxTzM #Toronto — 1 day 16 hours ago
- Proposal at 48 Power grows in scope as @GreatGulf & @HullmarkDev submit @core_architects design to City of #Toronto https://t.co/fcFIXVj9EV — 1 day 17 hours ago
- Public consultations are coming across the #GTHA on huge #transit upgrades, expansion, integration. Here's the list: https://t.co/Dp8rPpx7hn — 1 day 19 hours ago
- Ottawa's urban renaissance similar to Toronto's, but luxury can be had there at a lower price: https://t.co/HbpEpvghaU @DevMcGill #ArtHaus — 1 day 20 hours ago
- Karma & YC #Condos, under construction side-by-side in Downtown #Toronto, are both tall and deep. Here's the latest: https://t.co/FnqUJOpUhk — 1 day 21 hours ago