Today's photo of the new Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences comes form Forum member caltrane74, and shows the stark contrast between the new and old in Yorkville. The new hotel is move-in ready, with the original location on Avenue Road having just closed on March 28. Yorkville was one of the first neighbourhoods in Toronto to undergo gentrification, and the Victorian homes that once housed artists and bohemian types have long since given way to trendy boutiques, pricey restaurants and, of course, upscale hotels and condominiums. The Four Seasons' original location will be converted into condominium residences.
Photo of the Day: The New Four Seasons Towers Over Old Yorkville
April 2, 2012 10:00 am | by Anonymous | Comments
architectsAlliance, four seasons hotel and private residences, lifetime developments, menkes, page + steele / ibi group architects, photo of the day, toronto condos
Both Bay-Yorkville Developments and Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts felt the two-acre spot at the northeast corner of Bay Street and Yorkville Avenue - just blocks from the existing Four Seasons...
popular dataBase projects
- Images of a Zeidler-designed 69-storey Queen & Yonge tower for Cadillac Fairview were not quite ready when leaked. t.co/C6eLy6LAuK
- @larrylarry @ibigroup Thanks for catching that! The article, she's fixed!
- The latest work @RipleysAquaCA and @TourCNTower Entry Pavilion now hints at the final look. We catch up with progress t.co/vgNv8muzLs
- Toronto's look and feel comes from more than the work of architects. KDA's work also permeates our bustling town. t.co/S3gtChKi4X
- @SkyJacked793 Need to get you on this project
- @TheDirtCo rental is cool!