Today's photo of the new Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences comes form Forum member caltrane74, and shows the stark contrast between the new and old in Yorkville. The new hotel is move-in ready, with the original location on Avenue Road having just closed on March 28. Yorkville was one of the first neighbourhoods in Toronto to undergo gentrification, and the Victorian homes that once housed artists and bohemian types have long since given way to trendy boutiques, pricey restaurants and, of course, upscale hotels and condominiums. The Four Seasons' original location will be converted into condominium residences.
Photo of the Day: The New Four Seasons Towers Over Old Yorkville
April 2, 2012 9:00 am | by Anonymous | Comments
Both Bay-Yorkville Developments and Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts felt the two-acre spot at the northeast corner of Bay Street and Yorkville Avenue - just blocks from the existing Four Seasons...
popular dataBase projects
- Today's #ProjectOfTheDay is @TrumpTO, standing 58 storeys over #Toronto's Financial District https://t.co/8XcdDQRzZi — 2 hours 4 min ago
- We have taken some time to talk with friends and colleagues of the late Brian Curtner of @QuadrangleArch https://t.co/oPxPCdv9pw — 3 hours 37 min ago
- @m_layton Oh, we're not worried about everyone's choice, just UrbanToronto's choice! (Are we ever wrong? We say likelihood is unchartable.) — 5 hours 18 min ago
- Big majority of UT members preferred @EllisDon entry; design argument rings hollow. Dufferin entry good, not great. https://t.co/aQETnrSRZB — 5 hours 26 min ago
- RT @BazisInc: Register for exclusive updates about Estates on Bayview: https://t.co/DAQJ42w21Z #realestate #toronto — 5 hours 58 min ago
- Dufferin Construction has won the Fort York Pedestrian Bridge competition based on lowest costs: https://t.co/cRx5xYFhdu #Toronto @FortYork — 6 hours 49 min ago