Yet another Photo of the Day courtesy of Forum member urbandreamer, this photo captures the rapid growth of downtown Toronto. Many of the buildings seen on the right side of the photo are the product of this latest construction boom and have helped push the traditional boundaries of the core westward. Notable additions seen here include the RBC Dexia building, the Ritz-Carlton, M5V, Festival Tower and Charlie. Change, however, is not limited to new construction but also includes the original pioneers of high-rise modernism in the city. The two-toned black exterior of the Royal Trust Tower you see on the left is part of this change. As a welcome component of the revitalization of the Toronto-Dominion Centre, the buildings will receive a fresh coat of paint to restore their skeletal steel exteriors to their original lustre.
Photo of the Day: Downtown Toronto Viewed from Dundas West
April 11, 2012 10:00 am | by Evan Manning | Comments
Only a few spectacular suites remain at The Residences at The Ritz‑Carlton, Toronto, where owners live atop Toronto’s finest 5-star luxury hotel. Already the city’s most coveted social and business...
Situated in Toronto’s Entertainment District along historic King Street West just east of Spadina, M5V Condominiums is a spectacular, innovative jewel of a building soaring into the city skyline with...
80 John Street , Toronto | The Daniels Corporation
Situated atop the tiff Bell Lightbox, the new home of the Toronto International Film Festival Group at King and John, in the heart of Toronto's Entertainment District, Festival Tower is a 'film-...
430 King Street West, Toronto | Great Gulf Homes
Charlie defines mile high style. An urban ornament designed by Diamond + Schmitt Architects, Charlie represents the latest in architectural innovation. Contemporary clear glass stretches along the...
Related news• Insider Q&A: Mazyar Mortazavi of TAS
• Checking Out the 2014 Pug Award Nominees
• Throwback Thursday: The Future tiff Bell Lightbox / Festival Tower Gets A Crane
• Throwback Thursday: CBC's Skyline View Goes To The Ritz-Carlton
• Ballast Dedicated at Great Gulf's Charlie Condo
• A Look Inside Great Gulf's Charlie Condos
• Daniels Introduces Rent to Own Program for Cinema Tower
popular dataBase projects
- The Lightbox has a holiday treat for architecture buffs: 3D Cathedrals of Culture brings you into 6 great bldgs around the world. @TIFF_NET — 6 hours 38 min ago
- Today's #ProjectOfTheDay is Westlake Encore by @OnniGroup, coming soon to Etobicoke's Humber Bay Shores area. http://t.co/9njZnoDhi1 — 8 hours 23 min ago
- Our 1st story from yesterday's Tableau #condos tour goes floor-by-floor through this @UrbanCapital project http://t.co/PVUxRM2dk6 #Toronto — 8 hours 50 min ago
- Erin Mills Town Centre renos reach another milestone as its new main entrance opens. Lots going on inside still! http://t.co/2xmBdRlitX — 10 hours 13 min ago
- 7 St Thomas is a new 9-storey office development in #Toronto's Bloor-Yorkville with a cool @HaririPontarini design: http://t.co/PJGgpJKmC3 — 11 hours 50 min ago
- Thanks for the tour of QRC West @AlliedREIT! Coolest new offices in #Toronto?! @sweenyco @castconnex @stephensoneng http://t.co/LoHdi44uxb — 13 hours 17 min ago