Yet another Photo of the Day courtesy of Forum member urbandreamer, this photo captures the rapid growth of downtown Toronto. Many of the buildings seen on the right side of the photo are the product of this latest construction boom and have helped push the traditional boundaries of the core westward. Notable additions seen here include the RBC Dexia building, the Ritz-Carlton, M5V, Festival Tower and Charlie. Change, however, is not limited to new construction but also includes the original pioneers of high-rise modernism in the city. The two-toned black exterior of the Royal Trust Tower you see on the left is part of this change. As a welcome component of the revitalization of the Toronto-Dominion Centre, the buildings will receive a fresh coat of paint to restore their skeletal steel exteriors to their original lustre.
Photo of the Day: Downtown Toronto Viewed from Dundas West
April 11, 2012 11:00 am | by Evan Manning | Comments
Only a few spectacular suites remain at The Residences at The Ritz‑Carlton, Toronto, where owners live atop Toronto’s finest 5-star luxury hotel. Already the city’s most coveted social and business...
Situated in Toronto’s Entertainment District along historic King Street West just east of Spadina, M5V Condominiums is a spectacular, innovative jewel of a building soaring into the city skyline with...
80 John Street , Toronto | The Daniels Corporation
Situated atop the tiff Bell Lightbox, the new home of the Toronto International Film Festival Group at King and John, in the heart of Toronto's Entertainment District, Festival Tower is a 'film-...
430 King Street West, Toronto | Great Gulf Homes
Charlie defines mile high style. An urban ornament designed by Diamond + Schmitt Architects, Charlie represents the latest in architectural innovation. Contemporary clear glass stretches along the...
Related news• Illustrating the Future: Inside Toronto's Largest Architectural Rendering Studio
• Picasso Condos Gifts Panoramic Downtown Views
• Toronto Financial District Views Impress from INDX Condos
• Starchitects Discuss Innovative Buildings at CTBUH Conference
• Lifetime Developments Hosting 'SMASHED' Charity Ping Pong Event
• Throwback Thursday: Phoebe Lofts on Soho Street
• Throwback Thursday: Front Street West of Blue Jays Way
popular dataBase projects
- #Timelapse: Tower #crane at @pureplaza 's Musée comes down. https://t.co/QC0heiZKhx #condo #construction #toronto https://t.co/oibbaflvy9 — 9 hours 36 min ago
- #ProjectoftheDay: Hill & Dale Residences. https://t.co/5oywoQeUZn #toronto #condo #urban #luxury #realestate https://t.co/aQQVGYu95j — 10 hours 6 min ago
- The Gathering place/canopy/artery/bentway? What should we name the #UnderGardiner? #Topoli Transit #toronto https://t.co/Dz9Vb1Z4HO — 10 hours 32 min ago
- #PhotooftheDay: Bloor-Yorkville Sunset https://t.co/xSIVjKUSb6 #Toronto #Photography #TopTorontoPhoto #Yorkville https://t.co/UYDfOVSU6t — 10 hours 36 min ago
- RT @Metrolinx: The recording from the joint #TTC/Metrolinx board meeting is now available @YouTube: https://t.co/SmytBDeJU4 — 12 hours 15 min ago
- "Content is an amazing catalyst to engagement" - Jeff Brennar of @Pressly. We couldn't agree more! #Toronto #urban https://t.co/K95JIGVWdU — 12 hours 57 min ago