Yet another Photo of the Day courtesy of Forum member urbandreamer, this photo captures the rapid growth of downtown Toronto. Many of the buildings seen on the right side of the photo are the product of this latest construction boom and have helped push the traditional boundaries of the core westward. Notable additions seen here include the RBC Dexia building, the Ritz-Carlton, M5V, Festival Tower and Charlie. Change, however, is not limited to new construction but also includes the original pioneers of high-rise modernism in the city. The two-toned black exterior of the Royal Trust Tower you see on the left is part of this change. As a welcome component of the revitalization of the Toronto-Dominion Centre, the buildings will receive a fresh coat of paint to restore their skeletal steel exteriors to their original lustre.
Photo of the Day: Downtown Toronto Viewed from Dundas West
April 11, 2012 11:00 am | by Evan Manning | Comments
Only a few spectacular suites remain at The Residences at The Ritz‑Carlton, Toronto, where owners live atop Toronto’s finest 5-star luxury hotel. Already the city’s most coveted social and business...
Situated in Toronto’s Entertainment District along historic King Street West just east of Spadina, M5V Condominiums is a spectacular, innovative jewel of a building soaring into the city skyline with...
80 John Street , Toronto | The Daniels Corporation
Situated atop the tiff Bell Lightbox, the new home of the Toronto International Film Festival Group at King and John, in the heart of Toronto's Entertainment District, Festival Tower is a 'film-...
430 King Street West, Toronto | Great Gulf Homes
Charlie defines mile high style. An urban ornament designed by Diamond + Schmitt Architects, Charlie represents the latest in architectural innovation. Contemporary clear glass stretches along the...
Related news• Throwback Thursday: Toronto City Hall Observation Deck
• Throwback Thursday: Skyline View from the Bathurst Bridge
• Illustrating the Future: Inside Toronto's Largest Architectural Rendering Studio
• Picasso Condos Gifts Panoramic Downtown Views
• Toronto Financial District Views Impress from INDX Condos
• Starchitects Discuss Innovative Buildings at CTBUH Conference
• Lifetime Developments Hosting 'SMASHED' Charity Ping Pong Event
popular dataBase projects
- Fall #Construction Start For @mymadisonhome's 609 Avenue Road. https://t.co/1AH1lsIixt #Toronto #RealEstate #Condo https://t.co/XyjG5Cs7Eu — 4 hours 19 min ago
- Diamond on Yonge: Previewing the new #Condo. https://t.co/sOFbeIlizL #Toronto #RealEstate #Construction https://t.co/UGzorCFZxG — 5 hours 24 min ago
- #PhotooftheDay: TD Centre Restoration. https://t.co/S33lfk4oHE #Architecture #Photography #Toronto #Design #Cities https://t.co/FJtWmvfYOS — 8 hours 9 min ago
- Our #ProjectoftheDay is @Rockport_Group 's George Condos + Towns. https://t.co/VUNRo5hbr1 #Toronto #RealEstate #CRE https://t.co/64pL7rgKYB — 8 hours 9 min ago
- Completing the Cladding is the Next Step at @FuseCondosTO. https://t.co/NaXGmApOzr #Toronto #RealEstate #Condo https://t.co/X7KEJXMIek — 8 hours 24 min ago
- Build Toronto Assembles #Redevelopment Site in Scarborough. https://t.co/bJkjftfXpe #Toronto #RealEstate #TOpoli https://t.co/dZNMancpfa — 8 hours 50 min ago