UrbanToronto member Caltrane got this terrific telephoto image of Burano, now rising two floors above grade, along Bay north of College, while condominium developments lining the east side of Bay Street make a terrifically urban backdrop. With parking lot after parking lot becoming 30-, 40-, and 50-something storey towers from Dundas to Davenport, Bay will soon cease to feel like Yonge Street's back alley.
Quick Pic: Lanterra's Burano Adds To The Developing Bay Street Canyon
June 29, 2010 12:00 am | by Craig White | Comments
The art of Burano is a congruence of sculpture, painting, delicate lace and effervescent hues against a canvas of colourful homes on the maze of narrow streets that have existed for centuries. This...
Our vision for the Murano glass tower, in downtown Toronto, started with internationally renowned architect, Peter Clewes. Peter designed the stunning glass-sheathed, twin tower project and carefully...
Related news• Throwback Thursday: Burano
• The Pug Awards Looks at New Condominiums in Toronto
• Lanterra Buys 11 Wellesley West For Future Development
• 990 Bay Gives Way to 1Thousand
• Bay Street Abuzz With Development Activity
• How to Create a Fresco: Sandro Martini Talks About His Monumental Work at Burano Condominiums
• Sandro Martini Feted as Burano Fresco is Unveiled
popular dataBase projects
- Today's #ProjectOfTheDay is #Lotus, a new #condo #development by @ChestnutHillDev, coming to Bayview and Sheppard. http://t.co/EMjIDZTP6y — 3 hours 53 min ago
- How big is @Westbankcorp's proposal for Honest Eds? Models & info from the consultation shows: http://t.co/3Gz74GiRPp #Toronto #development — 5 hours 22 min ago
- It's never simple removing the crane from a completed skyscraper. We watch how it was done at @chazyorkville http://t.co/tEN1UIqzb9 #Toronto — 7 hours 12 min ago
- Ontario to amend Planning Act and Development Charges Act to increase public input, limit OMB appeals, and more. See http://t.co/upB6I2w953 — 9 hours 42 min ago
- A comprehensive look at @westbankcorp's plans for #HonestEds and Mirvish Village: http://t.co/jNR75fYyuj #Toronto #development — 10 hours 33 min ago
- #ThrowbackThursday compares the dramatically changed view at Bloor and Balmuto from 2009 and today! http://t.co/7vytfKUrun #Toronto #tbt — 12 hours 53 min ago