UrbanToronto member Caltrane got this terrific telephoto image of Burano, now rising two floors above grade, along Bay north of College, while condominium developments lining the east side of Bay Street make a terrifically urban backdrop. With parking lot after parking lot becoming 30-, 40-, and 50-something storey towers from Dundas to Davenport, Bay will soon cease to feel like Yonge Street's back alley.
Quick Pic: Lanterra's Burano Adds To The Developing Bay Street Canyon
June 29, 2010 1:00 am | by Craig White | Comments
The art of Burano is a congruence of sculpture, painting, delicate lace and effervescent hues against a canvas of colourful homes on the maze of narrow streets that have existed for centuries. This...
Our vision for the Murano glass tower, in downtown Toronto, started with internationally renowned architect, Peter Clewes. Peter designed the stunning glass-sheathed, twin tower project and carefully...
Related news• Throwback Thursday: Burano
• The Pug Awards Looks at New Condominiums in Toronto
• Lanterra Buys 11 Wellesley West For Future Development
• 990 Bay Gives Way to 1Thousand
• Bay Street Abuzz With Development Activity
• How to Create a Fresco: Sandro Martini Talks About His Monumental Work at Burano Condominiums
• Sandro Martini Feted as Burano Fresco is Unveiled
popular dataBase projects
- Today's #ProjectOfTheDay is 50 at Wellesley Station by @pureplaza, coming soon to #Toronto's Church-Wellesley Village http://t.co/C8mISak51H — 3 days 3 hours ago
- New Peel Memorial Centre topped off yesterday in #Brampton, to join the @OslerHealth system, opening in 2016. http://t.co/YzCxpfbbX7 — 3 days 3 hours ago
- Opening today for 1 wk @TheBloorCinema is @bikes_vs_cars, a doc on the struggle to improve cycling #infrastructure http://t.co/itPeW9MORu — 3 days 7 hours ago
- RT @EdwardSkira: Amazing aerial views of 50 cities around the world @Arch2O http://t.co/dtawu8h3cf #photos #cities — 3 days 8 hours ago
- The Globe and Mail Centre in #Toronto's Downtown east side is now 9 floors high. http://t.co/ruMD9Q3a3Y #FirstGulf @DiamondSchmitt — 3 days 8 hours ago
- Yorkville Avenue is looking better everyday as more sections of the makeover are completed http://t.co/5UwxY2tiCs @BloorYorkville #Toronto — 3 days 11 hours ago