UrbanToronto member Caltrane got this terrific telephoto image of Burano, now rising two floors above grade, along Bay north of College, while condominium developments lining the east side of Bay Street make a terrifically urban backdrop. With parking lot after parking lot becoming 30-, 40-, and 50-something storey towers from Dundas to Davenport, Bay will soon cease to feel like Yonge Street's back alley.
Quick Pic: Lanterra's Burano Adds To The Developing Bay Street Canyon
June 29, 2010 1:00 am | by Craig White | Comments
The art of Burano is a congruence of sculpture, painting, delicate lace and effervescent hues against a canvas of colourful homes on the maze of narrow streets that have existed for centuries. This...
Our vision for the Murano glass tower, in downtown Toronto, started with internationally renowned architect, Peter Clewes. Peter designed the stunning glass-sheathed, twin tower project and carefully...
Related news• Throwback Thursday: Bay Street North of Queen
• Photo of the Day: Bay Street Vertigo
• Throwback Thursday: Burano
• The Pug Awards Looks at New Condominiums in Toronto
• Lanterra Buys 11 Wellesley West For Future Development
• 990 Bay Gives Way to 1Thousand
• Bay Street Abuzz With Development Activity
popular dataBase projects
- @KatiaOsokine Thanks so much Katia! — 9 hours 18 min ago
- Alvaro Siza: A Gateway to the Alhambra opens at #Toronto's @AgaKhanMuseum https://t.co/iLBrPEXMRv #architecture https://t.co/TPJVmSGIqe — 9 hours 24 min ago
- Ground Breaking Celebrates #Construction at ELAD's Fifth On The Park. https://t.co/6huuFt1A7Y #Toronto #RealEstate https://t.co/IwftRzAEIW — 10 hours 39 min ago
- #ProjectoftheDay: @pureplaza 's 50 At Wellesley Station. https://t.co/YEI0JpMlFf #Toronto #RealEstate #Condo https://t.co/7kUIpULAdC — 10 hours 55 min ago
- #PhotooftheDay: Centre Island Pier. https://t.co/BYxiootXjn #Photography #Toronto #Views #CityofTO #TorontoIslands https://t.co/uOt9BnnUxI — 11 hours 9 min ago
- @jonahletovsky Unsure but will keep everyone updated as more details come to light. — 12 hours 4 min ago