UrbanToronto member Caltrane got this terrific telephoto image of Burano, now rising two floors above grade, along Bay north of College, while condominium developments lining the east side of Bay Street make a terrifically urban backdrop. With parking lot after parking lot becoming 30-, 40-, and 50-something storey towers from Dundas to Davenport, Bay will soon cease to feel like Yonge Street's back alley.
Quick Pic: Lanterra's Burano Adds To The Developing Bay Street Canyon
June 29, 2010 12:00 am | by Craig White | Comments
The art of Burano is a congruence of sculpture, painting, delicate lace and effervescent hues against a canvas of colourful homes on the maze of narrow streets that have existed for centuries. This...
Our vision for the Murano glass tower, in downtown Toronto, started with internationally renowned architect, Peter Clewes. Peter designed the stunning glass-sheathed, twin tower project and carefully...
Related news• Photo of the Day: Bay Street Vertigo
• Throwback Thursday: Burano
• The Pug Awards Looks at New Condominiums in Toronto
• Lanterra Buys 11 Wellesley West For Future Development
• 990 Bay Gives Way to 1Thousand
• Bay Street Abuzz With Development Activity
• How to Create a Fresco: Sandro Martini Talks About His Monumental Work at Burano Condominiums
popular dataBase projects
- Today's #ProjectOfTheDay is #Whitehaus by @Lifetime_Dev & Knightstone Capital Management https://t.co/ZQYnGbrgEj https://t.co/HkKoYlv8IZ — 7 hours 22 min ago
- As excavation for @GreatGulf's Monde #Condos continues, a new video shows how #construction will proceed: https://t.co/Rthbp8F1jg #Toronto — 8 hours 31 min ago
- Proposal for residential/commercial project would replace Sobey's on Dupont https://t.co/YZtMsCsrgR #Toronto #realestate #development — 9 hours 39 min ago
- There's a new forum on UrbanToronto dedicated to event & report info direct from #Toronto Planning. See https://t.co/QhgrpePHCi @CityPlanTO — 10 hours 24 min ago
- New renderings of @Tridel's SQ2 at Alexandra Park show what amenities will be like https://t.co/VyCvWxAijr @teeplearch @U31Design #Toronto — 14 hours 3 min ago
- #Toronto's Financial District BIA wants your input on new PATH system way finding system https://t.co/E6b7tV6Q6J @MyTOFD #infrastructure — 15 hours 19 min ago