Toronto The New Residences of Yorkville Plaza | 92.05m | 31s | Camrost-Felcorp | WZMH COMPLETE

Should the Queens Park view corridor be preserved?

• Yes

Votes: 168 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 145 37.4%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 15 3.9%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 60 15.5%

• Total voters
Today:

2gAsQyW.jpg

gcBt5RS.jpg

No pictures, but I did walk by the other night and I can safely say that this will be a disaster. Terrible materials, awful proportions and no reference to the built form of the surrounding area. Shameful.

Why was this allowed? The city does a great job being strict with new buildings in this area, why did they drop the ball so hard here?

Also nothing to its render. I know, they don't always do everything true to their renders... however, the section behind the trailer there should have been slanted. If going by the renderings of street view. not cubed up.

I don't mind it. The glass is nice and transparent, and the forms seem to be cleaner than the renderings. Plus, there are still two of the slanted columns exposed on each side so we get a sense of the former form of the base.

Compared to the previous base, it's an improvement. Mind you that the old form of the building also had a fairly boxy base.

Why was this allowed? The city does a great job being strict with new buildings in this area, why did they drop the ball so hard here?

Let's not forget that this was originally supposed to be 2 new sleek aA designed tall towers.....which were derailed by the zealots protecting the view corridor of Queen's Park.... they "won", and this is what we get...

Let's not forget that this was originally supposed to be 2 new sleek aA designed tall towers.....which were derailed by the zealots protecting the view corridor of Queen's Park.... they "won", and this is what we get...

Agreed. Everyone was so concerned with view corridors; they should have been more concerned with the actual view of the tower: ugly.

I don't see why you would think people can't be concerned about both the building design up close plus how it is viewed from a distance and how it may affect views of other buildings. Just because a developer didn't get approval for their 1st proposal shouldn't mean they no longer care and put up the least interesting option out of spite (they shouldn't get less creative, it is then time for more creativity).

Back