Toronto The Yorkville Condominiums | 104.54m | 31s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

I wish we had more buildings like the condo just to the east of this one on McMurrich: now that's colour and terracing done right
Yyd220x.jpg

1D2l9SL.jpg

XoMOqUE.jpg

vGRMp85.jpg

E10WDXR.jpg

Middle class meets upper class
PGAFUtg.jpg

zO4SuNH.jpg

BLq0hRc.jpg

bfftVKO.jpg

Domus looks like a pos
YRk2PEF.jpg

PmtYHu2.jpg

EJJziTo.jpg

YeZ17sp.jpg

Jc5SJew.jpg

fool's gold?

There are three.

I've been noting that in most of the point towers going up in this city these days, there is an average of 1 elevator for every 10 floors, and this building fits that profile.

There are three.

I've been noting that in most of the point towers going up in this city these days, there is an average of 1 elevator for every 10 floors, and this building fits that profile.

Thanks mucho. Not to go off topic, but I was in James Cooper Mansion recently (32 stories, 4 parking levels, approx 280 units) which also has 3 elevators.

One was out of service and man it was a royal pain. I know this is not some new crazy thinking but it's just a recognition that with the increase in vertical living, the performance and adequacy of elevators can have a huge impact on quality of life but it's not necessarily something that the average person thinks of when considering a building.

Then I thought this bldg might be a good comparison but it has fewer units (good for them).

I lived in a 40+ storey building with 3 elevators. 1 always broken. Lineup to use the elevator fills into the lobby.

generally I find that the ratio of 1 elevator per 100 units in a highrise is functionally optimal with minimal queuing

I find the gold glass rather odd but still a great project.
WRT to elevators, I live in a building with 230 units and 3 elevators all of which have been constantly breaking down. Factor in when someone is moving and one elevator is down for maintenance, that leaves ONE elevator for the entire building. Wait times 25+ minutes. It's insane! I take the stairs down but still - up is another story.
I know it's not economically feasible to do this but it would be so great if a condo tower had a dedicated moving/freight elevator (similar to office towers), leaving passenger elevators free at all times. That would be a treat!

In a perfect world maybe? That's like saying, why not buy a car that never breaks down. No one wants that to happen, but it does. Real world here mod.

In a perfect world maybe? That's like saying, why not buy a car that never breaks down. No one wants that to happen, but it does. Real world here mod

Well no. Most cars don't break down constantly. Cars are actually pretty reliable. But you are saying all three of your elevators are constantly breaking down. There's something wrong with that picture. We have two elevators in our building and they rarely break down.

Well no. Most cars don't break down constantly. Cars are actually pretty reliable. But you are saying all three of your elevators are constantly breaking down. There's something wrong with that picture. We have two elevators in our building and they rarely break down.

Well then, clearly, your elevators are better than mine! lol. It's not like this is something within my control. Blame Otis or something!

Does it really hurt to have an extra elevator? I live in a 34 storey building with 4 elevators. It is great.

From the top of the Yorkville Green P Garage (some day to be 37 Yorkville condos), The Yorkville was peeking through the gap between the Four Seasons towers.

DSC02760.jpg

DSC02759.jpg

Attachments

• DSC02759.jpg
    DSC02759.jpg
    554.9 KB · Views: 710
  • DSC02760.jpg
    DSC02760.jpg
    492 KB · Views: 713

Back