News   Mar 28, 2024
 366     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 277     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 306     0 

Yorkdale Shopping Centre

The Yorkdale floor plan shows Cartier opening across Tiffany and occupying 3494 sq. ft.

I've confirmed with Oxford and Cartier is taking the 3,494 sq.ft.

Sadly its only the existing mall. Cartier has been on the plan for about six months maybe?

You can view it here: C:\Data\Lease Plans - Retail\Yorkdale-Main.dwg ADOBE (1) - Oxford

Sadly its only the existing mall. Cartier has been on the plan for about six months maybe?

You can view it here: C:\Data\Lease Plans - Retail\Yorkdale-Main.dwg ADOBE (1) - Oxford

Please post the plan, thanks

Has anyone pinned down the actual stores that are coming to the Yorkdale addition? I'm wondering if and when Nordstrom's, Simons, Les Ailes and Lane Bryant hit town, this will be the logical entry point?

Is it my imagination or has there been LV hoarding up at Holts Yorkdale for over a year now? Are they expanding or what?
On a side note, here is list of some stores that I think will be part of the new expansion...

Ann Taylor/Loft
Kenneth Cole
Calvin Klein
Theory
Kate Spade
Ted Baker
Scotch & Soda
Lego
Agent Provocateur
James Perse
Vince
Diesel
J. Crew (Men)
Desigual
DKNY or Donna Karen (full brand)
Perry Ellis
Karen Millen
Vero Moda
Tory Burch
Puma
Elie Tahari
Rag & Bone
John Varvatos
Eileen Fisher
Brioni
Marc Jacobs

Is it my imagination or has there been LV hoarding up at Holts Yorkdale for over a year now? Are they expanding or what?
On a side note, here is list of some stores that I think will be part of the new expansion...

Ann Taylor/Loft
Kenneth Cole
Calvin Klein
Theory
Kate Spade
Ted Baker
Scotch & Soda
Lego
Agent Provocateur
James Perse
Vince
Diesel
J. Crew (Men)
Desigual
DKNY or Donna Karen (full brand)
Perry Ellis
Karen Millen
Vero Moda
Tory Burch
Puma
Elie Tahari
Rag & Bone
John Varvatos
Eileen Fisher
Brioni
Marc Jacobs

INTERMIX is supposed to go into Yorkdale as well (from what I've heard). And maybe Anthropologie (I think Yorkdale would be a good location). Out of your list, I'd LOVE to see Ann Taylor, Marc Jacobs, Theory, Kate Spade (I think this will happen - either at Yorkdale or eventually at 1 Bloor East. The Kate Spade people have been in town a few times, from what I understand) and Tory Burch. Also, Stuart Weitzman should open a store there. It's at TEC and Sherway, so why not Yorkdale?

If that list is correct Yorkdale could end up having more high-end stores than all of the Bloor-Yorkville area

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that was someone's wish list / fantasy list.

I suspect that while there will be some first to market stores... there will also be a lot of retailers that don't have locations at Yorkdale (Hollister, Abercrombie, Brooks Brothers, Anthropologie) as well as stores which will move to larger spaces in the new wing (Club Monaco, J. Crew, Harry Rosen).

That's about 10 stores right there of the expected 40 :)

If that list is correct Yorkdale could end up having more high-end stores than all of the Bloor-Yorkville area

The trouble is that Bloor/Yorkville doesn't have the space that Yorkdale has or is going to have. Yorkdale's rents, by the way, are almost as high as Bloor and it's the second most profitable mall in N.A. on psf basis (after some mall in Vegas), so these stores are not that much of a stretch. This was simply a list of stores that I could see coming to the new expansion but it is in no way confirmed by any sources.

Heard from a prominent style blogger/Twitter-er that Tory Burch will open its first Canadian store at Yorkdale in about 2-3 months.

Well that didn't take long to become official...

http://www.thestar.com/business/art...-at-toronto-s-yorkdale-shopping-centre-in-may

Tory Burch to open first Canadian shop at Toronto’s Yorkdale Shopping Centre in May

Published 45 minutes agoEmail Print
Rss Article
Tory Burch is opening its first Canadian store in Toronto's Yorkdale, if you want to dress like this model, walking the catwalk at Tory Burch fall 2012 show in New York City.

Francine Kopun
Business Reporter

Tory Burch is coming to Toronto with a 2,500-square foot store slated to open at the Yorkdale Shopping Centre in early May.

“We’ve had a deal in principle for about three years or so, so we’re very excited,” said Yorkdale general manager Anthony Casalanguida on Thursday.

The designer brand is promising customers a luxurious shopping experience, including seating nooks with iPads where they can surf for the latest look or where members of their shopping entourage can take a break.

The store will be located next to Burberry.

Yorkdale is not the largest mall in the GTA – that title belongs to Square One in Mississauga. But Yorkdale is focused on being first to market with best-in-class, says Casalanguida.

Yorkdale was first in Canada with a Michael Kors store, Crate and Barrel, Apple, J. Crew and was among the first with Tiffany, Burberry and Victoria’s Secret.

A Cartier store is slated to open in the mall in April.

Casalanguida says the shopping centre is two months away from announcing the arrival of more retailers in November.

The entire Tory Burch collection will be available at the Yorkdale store, including ready-wear clothing, shoes, handbags, eyewear and jewellery.

Graphic prints, bold colors and unique details are signatures of the brand. Fans include Blake Lively, Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Lopez, Oprah Winfrey, Halle Berry and Hilary Swank.

It will be Tory Burch’s first store in Canada. There are 65 Tory Burch stores across the U.S., Europe, Middle East and Asia. The line is also available at www.ToryBurch.com and at more than 1,000 department and specialty stores worldwide.

Last edited:

Back