News   Apr 25, 2024
 209     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 431     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Yorkdale Shopping Centre

Grrrrreat sound system in Yorkdale ... even if it's only playing Jingle Bells. I'd love to hear it used for live concerts.

In terms of the Yorkdale expansion, I imagine a Holts enlargement is in the cards. Apple desperately needs to expand, they could double that store easily. Its so busy now I believe they are probably losing sales.

Article: http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bu...paces-in-220-million-expansion-114570399.html

Toronto mall to add 40 stores, 800 parking spaces in $220-million expansion

TORONTO - Toronto's Yorkdale Shopping Centre says it will spend $220 million to add more than 40 new stores and 800 new underground parking spots by late 2012.

It will also double the number of seats in the food court.

The expansion will amount to more than 145,000 square feet, and the mall says it will also spend money on landscaping and improving public access.

It says the more space will allow for new flagship stores and attract international retailers.

Yorkdale cited strong tenant demand for space as the reason behind the expansion.

Just five years ago, the mall spent $110 million on a separate expansion.

Article: http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bu...paces-in-220-million-expansion-114570399.html

Toronto mall to add 40 stores, 800 parking spaces in $220-million expansion

TORONTO - Toronto's Yorkdale Shopping Centre says it will spend $220 million to add more than 40 new stores and 800 new underground parking spots by late 2012.

It will also double the number of seats in the food court.

The expansion will amount to more than 145,000 square feet, and the mall says it will also spend money on landscaping and improving public access.

It says the more space will allow for new flagship stores and attract international retailers.

Yorkdale cited strong tenant demand for space as the reason behind the expansion.

Just five years ago, the mall spent $110 million on a separate expansion.

I imagine 85 per cent of those 40 new shoppes will be women's clothing shoppes. Yawn. I (a man) hate shopping in this city. I sometimes wonder why they even bother having men's departments at all.

I imagine 85 per cent of those 40 new shoppes will be women's clothing shoppes. Yawn. I (a man) hate shopping in this city. I sometimes wonder why they even bother having men's departments at all.

Tell me about it. It's a curse of living in a largely frumpy society.

anybody have an idea of stores that are rumoured to be going in or stores that you guys want to be added?

All I've heard is that it will be several 'first to market US and European retailers'. Yordale is one of the most profitable malls in NA (by far the most in Canada - more than double the national average in sales per square foot) so apparently several retailers have been clamouring to get in there but the turnover is quite low in the mall and there hasn't been any space. Not sure what 'first to market' means exactly - whether that's first to Canada or first to Toronto (generally the same thing but not always). Either way, should be exciting to see!

Would like to see American Girl open in Yorkdale. If you have young daughters that place is like spending the day at Disneyland...and about the same price too.

I don't buy this yet, but someone in the retail industry has told me that "absolutely, 100%, Macy's will be opening its first Canadian store as part of Yorkdale's expansion."

I don't buy that either.

A Macy's is what? 120,000 square feet?

The entire yorkdale expansion is 180k...

maybe sears' lease will be up and it'll move into there since sears obviously doesn't fit in with yorkdale anyways.. This is the only way I think this could happen.

Is it just me or is Louis Vuitton at Yorkdale expanding/renovating? For some time now....

Back