News   Mar 18, 2024
 581     0 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.2K     3 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 730     0 

Yorkdale Shopping Centre

Oxford shared a render of their new expansion featuring a restoration hardware.

https://instagram.com/p/0vdBaSPUn8/

Very interesting photo. Pretty sure that that is not part of the Nordstrom expansion but where Sears was. If you look at the floor-plan of the Nordstrom expansion there is no store that has that shape and or direct access to the outside. RH has started opening much bigger stores in the 30-40,000+ square foot range so makes sense that they could repurpose a significant chunk of the Sears store footprint (190,000 square feet).

YORKDALE SHOPPING CENTRE ANNOUNCES WEST-SIDE RENOVATION DESIGNED FOR FLAGSHIP LOCATIONS OF LEADING BRANDS

Fall 2016 will deliver a total of 420,000 square feet of new retail space with the simultaneous opening of two new wings

Toronto, ON (April 22, 2015) - Yorkdale Shopping Centre is once again demonstrating its leadership in the Canadian retail space with the announcement of a 120,000 square foot renovation on the centre’s west side. This West Renovation is the newest development at Yorkdale and will see former department store space renovated to serve as the Canadian flagship locations of leading retailers, the first of which to be confirmed is luxury home furnishing brand, RH (Restoration Hardware).

RH’s latest design concept is expected to be the company’s largest Gallery in Canada to date, featuring four levels and a total of more than 69,000 interior and exterior square feet. Other flagship stores that will open in this renovated wing will be announced in the coming months.

“We’re delighted to be creating one of Canada’s greatest shopping centres by giving shoppers access to some of the most extensive brands,” said Claire Santamaria, General Manager, Yorkdale Shopping Centre. “We’re building on a great deal of momentum and Fall 2016 will give our shoppers an unprecedented breadth and depth of retail options.”

East Expansion

The West Renovation will be complete within months of a new 300,000 square foot East Expansion wing that is being built to accommodate Nordstrom and another 30 boutiques. Construction on the 300,000 square foot East Expansion began in January 2014. Once complete, it will house a 190,000 square foot Nordstrom and 30 additional boutiques, including popular Japanese retailer UNIQLO.

The West Renovation is scheduled to be complete in November 2016 and the East Expansion is scheduled for completion in August 2016.

A Canadian Retail Leader

The current developments come hot on the heels of a stellar year for Yorkdale’s retail offering. In 2014, Yorkdale served as the retail center of choice for world-renowned brands entering Canada for the first time, including Versace, Jimmy Choo, Moncler, BVLGARI and Mont Blanc.
Owned by Oxford Properties Group and AIMCo, Yorkdale Shopping Centre has undergone four major renovations since opening in 1964. Most recently, Yorkdale Shopping Centre completed a $220 million dollar expansion in 2012. The shopping centre has continued to improve its facilities and today serves as the unrivalled gateway for international retailers entering the Canadian market.

About Yorkdale Shopping Centre

With more than 250 shops and services Yorkdale Shopping Centre is Canada's premier shopping destination. Construction is underway for Yorkdale’s $331 million expansion that will add nearly 300,000 square feet of retail space and bring its total size to 2 million square feet. This expansion makes it possible to bring an even wider selection of the world’s best fashion, technology and luxury brands to the Greater Toronto Area. Offering valet parking and seating reservations at the Dine on 3 food collection, everything about Yorkdale is designed to enhance shoppers’ experiences. Yorkdale is co- owned by Oxford Properties and Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCo) and managed by Oxford Properties Group.

Had heard a rumour from a colleague that Canada Goose was opening a store in Yorkdale mall. I just saw this article, confirming that another person has also heard the rumour! I can't find any floor plans that specify where Canada Goose would be, but the rumour I heard was that it will be opening near Nordstrom at around the same time. Anyone have any other details?

This article also mentions the western expansion that will include the Restoration Hardware, but makes no mention of Simon's. Is Simon's going to be in this expansion?

Yes, Simons is confirmed to be opening in the mall in 2019 -- Peter Simons told me this last month. I didn't mention it out of respect for the press release that I was quoted in (Craig Patterson), as we were focusing on the Nordstrom Wing: http://yorkdale.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Expansion-opening-date-release-FINAL.pdf

I agree with u. Not a fan of mallification either, but as you mentioned, it seems to be common practice nowadays. They're all going to malls.

Back