News   Mar 18, 2024
 653     0 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 748     0 

Yorkdale Shopping Centre

In the context of regular Bay stores, how is 50 mil a year ? Average ? I'm just trying to think, given the rents they pay is it worth while to keep the store ?

Arm chairing it here - the Queen Street store is 2.85 times the size of Bloor Street. 1M square feet to 350K.

If the Bay Bloor street is doing $50M and Queen Street is doing 4x that - Bloor is hardly a poorly performing store - we also have no concept of the rent that the Bay pays on the space. It may be that the Bay has a sweetheart tenant deal, and is actually selling a decent volume of product compared overall to other Bay stores.

Application:
Building Additions/Alterations
Not Started

TORONTO ON M6A 2T9

Ward 15: Eglinton-Lawrence

Application#:
14 237403 BLD 00 BA
Accepted Date:
Oct 15, 2014

Project:
Retail Store Interior Alterations

Description:
Proposal for interior alterations to Unit #227, "Blackbook", Yorkdale

Does anyone know what Blackbook is??

There is an American fashion, arts and culture magazine called Blackbook but I don't think they've moved into retail stores

So it looks like they are going to give retail a try.

Longchamp is a great brand. Specially in france. U see a lot of french women carrying longchamp purses and stuff. Very stylish.

Longchamp is a great brand. Specially in france. U see a lot of french women carrying longchamp purses and stuff. Very stylish.

The one retail thing I don't understand is how much people pay for bags.....so that might explain why I don't know/get them.

Pertaining to Sears building.....zoning review started - hum new specialty retail? I wonder who?

"Proposed interior renovation of existing Sears department store to accommodate new specialty retail store and new commercial retail units within Yorkdale Mall".

7 for all Mankind has closed in Yorkdale. That leaves only Calgary and Edmonton stores. Interesting...
I find it difficult to believe that they couldn't survive in Yorkdale, so it makes me wonder if they're planning on another location in the mall or elsewhere in the GTA.

7 for all Mankind has closed in Yorkdale. That leaves only Calgary and Edmonton stores. Interesting...
I find it difficult to believe that they couldn't survive in Yorkdale, so it makes me wonder if they're planning on another location in the mall or elsewhere in the GTA.

Yorkdale was NOT a good idea. It was dead whenever I went in. Should have done Yorkville.

Yorkdale was NOT a good idea. It was dead whenever I went in. Should have done Yorkville.

True religion is surviving... but I think the location would have been better in the richer area of the mall. Anyways hopefully they relocate into a smaller store.

I noticed the same thing. It was only a matter of time. The store didn't seem that big to me so I would be surprised if they reopened in a smaller location.

I'm surprised true religion is still there as well as they are never really busy either from what I have observed. Same goes for Diesel, but they may be getting some benefit out of being in the new wing.

Isn't Joe's Jeans opening at Yorkdale (if it hasn't already)? Similar pricepoint. And I'd say that Joe's is lesser-known than 7s.

Back