X2 Condos (Great Gulf Homes/Lifetime Developments) - Real Estate -

I felt the prices for X2 were quite high... But the line-ups show the project is priced right. Yes, the location is not Yonge/Bloor, but it is only 2 blocks away, and being built by the same builder. Jarvis is improving and I think this investment will stand well once 1 Bloor sales begin.

this crazyness is 1 Bloor all over again ... ironically this site is ALSO represented by Baker Real Estate :rolleyes:

I have a feeling the hype is purposely created by Baker, something tells me they will purposely do that same thing to One Bloor when it is relaunched, coincidentally it is ALSO being developed by Great Gulf :(

1 Bloor was craziness of several magnitudes more (in terms of the lines). That's without taking into account the huge inflation of the price per square foot.

I don't think it has anything to do with Baker. Ice had people camping out as well, and Milbourne ran that show.

You'd be surprised at the number of developments (across the GTA) that end up having lineups/lines like this for a general preview or an agent's event. Even places/developments that barely register with the urbantoronto crowd (i.e. townhomes in Milton, etc)

As far as X2 goes, I think it's maybe about $10-15 dollar more per square foot than I expected, but IMO it should sell for more when the building is finished.

This is crazy! I thought the market was overheated, but this is just ridiculous... I heard stories about Ice2 where agents were snapping up 20 units at a time selling off the rights for a few thousand a pop and then giving it back after 10 days as a no risk type of thing. Perhaps they are going to do the same thing here.

This is crazy! I thought the market was overheated, but this is just ridiculous... I heard stories about Ice2 where agents were snapping up 20 units at a time selling off the rights for a few thousand a pop and then giving it back after 10 days as a no risk type of thing. Perhaps they are going to do the same thing here.

Great Gulf usually caps the number of units you can buy. For X2, I believe an agent can only buy one unit max, and bring in two additional clients (each also limited to one unit).

Dont know about that......some of the real estate people interviewed were purchasing 3 units, others 2 units for individual clients.

WIP progess is correct ... based on the X2 Agent Preview Worksheet, it reads:

AGENTS’ SALES EVENT

Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Sale Begins at 6 pm sharp

Procedure for Buying
1. Suites will be chosen on a first come first served basis.
2. Registration for priority numbers will begin at 12:00 pm at the InterContinental Toronto Yorkville, 220 Bloor St. West, The Willard Room-Second Floor. At the time of registering, each Agent will be given a priority number (business card must be given).
3. Each Agent may register themselves plus two clients.
4. Each registrant may purchase one suite, a total of 3 suites per Agent.

5. At the time of registration, worksheets and choice sheets will be given to each agent. Number Cards will be issued to all registered agents at 5:30 p.m. In order to keep their priority number, agents and their clients must be present by 6:00 p.m. to receive their Number Cards.
6. Purchaser must be present to purchase. A Power of Attorney will not be accepted.
7. A deposit cheque from a financial institution must be presented at time of purchase. Counter cheques will not be accepted.

Thank you for your co-operation,
The X2 Sales Team

If you have any questions, please call us at 416-927-0080

Last edited:
6. Purchaser must be present to purchase. A Power of Attorney will not be accepted.

It is interesting to note, that are now enforcing a rule like this. I think that would kill a significant percentage of foreign investment.

And I think I've derailed this thread. Sorry mods.

There's ways around that I'm sure. And this is just the presale, once sales start for real they may relax the rule

Please tell me that this real. That there is capital involved. That the risks are reasonable. That there is substance.

This is crazy!
Hard to beleave that all this people are ready to invest in such a ruch 2 blocks away from Yonge and bloor. And the best units in the building are probably not being released yet!

Imagine what will happen with 1 bloor!

angry-mob.jpg

Back