Toronto X2 Condominiums | 160.93m | 49s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

I thought I saw ads gearing up for a Christmas or New Year's release of new suites, presumably unsold floors or re-designed units. I guess that didn't happen.

I wonder if the slowness in reopening a sales office for the X Condo is based on a plan to acquire the other site and not wanting to open a second sales office. Perhaps when the smoke clears, we will see a single sales office in the Pizza Pizza building promoting both sites. The flaw in this reasoning, of course, is the time lag getting the second condo approved.

X Condo sales figures in September and December seemed stalled around 60 %. Great Gulf advertises a lot but I for one would not respond to an invitation for "private appointment". I much prefer to browse. VU did one better: coffee and cookies!

I think the real reason X has sold so slowly is the name: Prudish Torontonians think of (se)X when they see the name "X" and go "Oh my that's gross" etc.

They should just go with the street number next time.

Yeah right. When I hear "Jarvis" the first thing that comes to mind is hookers.

Yeah right. When I hear "Jarvis" the first thing that comes to mind is hookers.

And when I hear "Scarborough blah blah blah". Jarvis and bloor, down to at least Wellesley is hardly a hooker-hangout these days. I've lived at Isabella now for several years and not seen a hooker there in quite some time - they moved south - guess they're getting older!

I like X very much, and I think it will be a great addition to the skyline in this area, but I don't think a second X is warranted really. Not sure at all what I would like for this spot, but seeing the way cars barrel up off of Mt. Pleasant, I would hope the lobby doesn't face Jarvis, I've seen a few remnants of cars on that stretch of sidewalk over the years. The space is very small, so whatever goes there it's going to be very slim. The frontage onto jarvis can't be much more than 20 - 30 metres before the 550 Jarvis underground driveway.

And when I hear "Scarborough blah blah blah". Jarvis and bloor, down to at least Wellesley is hardly a hooker-hangout these days. I've lived at Isabella now for several years and not seen a hooker there in quite some time - they moved south - guess they're getting older!

Acknowledging the association between Jarvis and hookers isn't an effective way to counter what I said.

I think almost all of Scarborough is worthless and should be razed and redeveloped, by the way.

Geekaroo, the frontage on Jarvis is 119 feet. I do agree that access to and from Charles might be better, but neighbours on Charles might object to the additional traffic, particularly as it is a one-way street.

IMO, the "image" of Jarvis Street is undergoing an upgrading. A big step forward was the completion of the National Ballet School, one of the best buildings in the City. We now have two major new condos, "X" and "Couture", plus whatever may go on the Pizza Pizza site. I don't know about the hookers, but I think this area will soon be one of the better ones in the city.

I would agree, as the city gets bigger and space becomes an issue, I think Jarvis will naturally be another corridor to the city and so the developments will follow.

I think the stigma of the name Jarvis will slowly disappear in the next five years.

These days, I suspect most of the hooking done around these parts takes place indoors. (Wasn't there a Chinese brothel bust in that Bloor/Jarvis apartment bldg some years ago?)

The building address is 110 Charles Street East, and yes, the lobby faces that street, not Jarvis. Vehicles proceeding northbound on Jarvis turn left onto Charles St E and drive around the Gerstein Centre to the parking ramp behind. I expect the left-hand turn signal duration to be increased accordingly. Those heading south just make a right and a quick left.

Hookers used to hang out on the south-east corner of Carlton and Church. I always though it ironic they would be so close to the Church-Wellesley area, but I suppose Maple Leaf Gardens was the draw. Well, it's gone and so are they.

Hookers used to hang out on the south-east corner of Carlton and Church. I always though it ironic they would be so close to the Church-Wellesley area, but I suppose Maple Leaf Gardens was the draw. Well, it's gone and so are they.
I still see them there. There's also another gaggle a little further south at Gerrard too.

Back