Mississauga Widesuites Condominiums | ?m | 35s | Conservatory Group | Richmond Architects

Scaled Model

Finally got a chance to visit the sales office, I must say I was quite impressed with the building design, suite layouts, and pricing vs standard features ... while the previously shown rendering focuses on the northwest elevation, I think the better face of Wide Suites is its south elevation ~

I'll be bold to say that WideSuites is the best Conservatory Group building that I've ever seen ... and this would be the best building overall in MCC if I were to buy a condo in this area ~ :cool:

Southeast Elevation - pardon the annoying plexiglas glare
IMG_1485.jpg

Southwest Elevation - pardon the annoying plexiglas glare
IMG_1486.jpg

What I Believe is Truly the Crowning Element :) - with a cool lounge + terrace on the top floor !
IMG_1487.jpg

Ugly Massive Parking Structure + Grade Retail fronting Hurontario - a silent subject in the sales brochure :p
IMG_1489.jpg

Decent Looking Rooftop Garden on the 6th Floor - located on top of the ugly parking garage
IMG_1488.jpg

The tower looks pretty nice - the parkade.

The whole concept of this development is enticing, "More windows for the widest brightest most versatile living experience." Now that's a building I want to live in.

The parking garage is going to have a green roof which is good at least. And did you confirm there is going to be retail in the base of the parking garage with the sales people? That's good news if so!

Looks like a Hong Kong slab.

excuse me? would you care to define a 'Hong Kong slab'?? that is just as bad as saying "Ooo that tower looks like a Toronto box' :rolleyes:

The parking garage is going to have a green roof which is good at least. And did you confirm there is going to be retail in the base of the parking garage with the sales people? That's good news if so!

yes, it was confirmed that there will be 5 retail units on the ground floor of that parking structure fronting Hurontario

yes, it was confirmed that there will be 5 retail units on the ground floor of that parking structure fronting Hurontario

That's good news!

As for it looking like a Hong Kong slab, is that supposed to be a bad thing? Emulating HK is a good thing in my book.

People in big cities have to deal with losing their views all the time. Nothing specific to this building at all.

People in big cities have to deal with losing their views all the time. Nothing specific to this building at all.

I don't think you're getting what I mean. I'm going to assume that either the zoning was changed for this lot, or that the office building didn't build their building properly, and put windows where windows should not have been put.

I took a good look at the suites one day a while back also. It's funny how "extra windows, wide suites" is really just the older style "apartment" with a little more with than depth, which is the newer trend.

The layouts, spacial planning and suite prices were all pretty good, though - and if it would be among the top of my list if I was buying in the area. I like the look of some other buildings going up, but am not a fan of 9' x 10.5' master bedrooms.

The lots directly west and south (on the other side of that glass office building where Money Mart is) will eventually be high rise condo also - so I would definitely look at the northeast sides of the building at 10 stores or higher... these will have the most open view, not to mention a REALLY nice view of both Absolute Word towers.

Wow, I really hope they will do something with those 6 stories of concrete. I don't understand why they did not go below ground with the parking garage? So instead of beautifying the Hurontario streetwall, they're going to get this fugly parking garage.

How was this approved? I really don't get it, Mississauga having all these consultations regarding improving the downtown core, and then approving garbage like this.

I suppose the City of Mississauga eventually anticipates a full redevelopment of the Novotel site to the north of WideSuites, which may include a continous street wall / podium extending along Hurontario Street connection with that (fugly) garage ... that 'should' hide it~

I suppose the City of Mississauga eventually anticipates a full redevelopment of the Novotel site to the north of WideSuites, which may include a continous street wall / podium extending along Hurontario Street connection with that (fugly) garage ... that 'should' hide it~
Yes, though it's currently a 2 level parking structure for the hotel.

I've seen several different 3D models or renderings in papers and such, but they pretty much all include a new development on that corner where the PetroCan is, in front of Novotel. Whether it's a new Novotel tower or office building, that is considered a prime location for something high profile.

Back