News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.2K     3 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 465     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.2K     0 

What's the future for the Conservative Party?

Last edited:
Trost is certainly addressing the most important issue facing Canadians. If you thought that issue was the economy, security, trade, etc., you would be wrong.

There is nothing conservative about looking to undermine legal marriages, Brad.

I think it's unfortunate for the CPC that all these dumb clucks are coming out of the woodwork.

Another candidate for the Canadian Values Test (aka Canadian Mini Mental State Examination) ordered by Dr. Leitch. Honestly, I think she got the right idea, but have the wrong target population in mind - she should have suggested it for the CPC hopefuls and only those that fail it can qualify.

And yeah, I have another graphic in mind, and it only involves one finger.

AoD

Last edited:
Last edited:
Kellie Leitch has not become as serious contender for the leadership of Conservative Party, she has become the frontrunner. And it's not just Conservative voters that agree with her, but a lot of non-Conservatives as well. Maybe she isn't such an idiot after all.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...ourite-for-conservative-party-leadership-poll

It's a line of thinking that on the surface appears to make sense to a lot of people, but doesn't seem to hold up to much scrutiny. Ask them what they think Canadian values are and with the usual response it's not too difficult to point out that the test itself is inherently un-Canadian, and that a lot of so-called "old stock" Canadians would fail the test too. I've changed a few minds doing this.

Trump is inherently un-American too, but a lot of people in the US support him. So probably a lot of people in Canada will also support Kellie Leitch, or should I say future Prime Minister Kellie Leitch?

Her idea has support from 67% of Canadians. You can change a few minds, can you change the minds of the rest of that 67%? Maybe she isn't un-Canadian at all. Maybe we are seeing how Canadians really are, just like we are seeing how people of the US really are thanks to Trump.

Maybe, but I don't think so. This is another misinformed idea like the burka ban and the tip line that came out in the last election. They garnered some support at first until people spoke out against them and others started realizing the ramifications. There are a lot of people that believe that way but thankfully in this country unlike others, it's not the majority.

Good thing that crocodile tears video is in public domain. And on the bright side, it won't be difficult to find Canadians who'd flunk that kind of a values test.

AoD

I have this sinking feeling the "Progressive" part of Progressive Conservative really is lost for good, both federally and provincially (even though they still ostensibly carry the label here in Ontario). The Tories USED to select leaders I could actually imagine voting for. They were progressive enough to be a real alternative to the Grits, for people like me who still aren't too sure just where the NDP would take us (though I don't rule out voting for them either). But lately, they're like some pale imitation of the Tea Party. Cut all the taxes, and we'll have MORE money! Fire everybody -- fire, like Hudak proposed to, more civil servants than Ontario ACTUALLY EMPLOYS (what what the plan there? Hire another 20,000 -- job creation! -- and THEN fire them??)! Put everybody inconvenient in jail for as long as you constitutionally can! What happened to the Red Tories like Robarts and Davis, Dief and Clark and, yes, even Mulroney? Why are they suddenly kiting nothing but appalling, mean-spirited, vicious people I wouldn't want to be in the same room with? More to the point, when they get dumped election after election, WHY DON'T THEY STOP? Take the hint! Canada, even Alberta, isn't Alabama! Give us fiscally responsible, socially progressive Tories again. Give the people of this country and this province a real choice again instead of feeling like we have to hold the line by voting Liberal every time. Bring back the Progressives.

Back