News   Apr 23, 2024
 472     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 379     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 629     0 

What is Toronto's most politically progressive neighborhood?

Heh, in my personal experience of Rosedale residents, there is a more and more stark difference between the parents and the kids than anywhere else in the city. Some of the most progressive kids I've met grew up in Rosedale, while their parents are more like how prosperegal described.

Heh, in my personal experience of Rosedale residents, there is a more and more stark difference between the parents and the kids than anywhere else in the city. Some of the most progressive kids I've met grew up in Rosedale, while their parents are more like how prosperegal described.

I'd say children of immigrants are fairly progressive compared to their parents as well. I know people whose parents would freak out if they ever came out.

Depends of course on which immigrant group we are talking about here.

And frankly, which part of the city they grew up in too.

True. We're talking Markham and Willowdale dwelling boomer-aged parents from Hong Kong. Not necessarily religious. Actually, I have some same-aged cousins (mid-late 30s) who are STILL LIVING in HK who would probably freak out if a sibling came out. They're "technically" Catholic (as in they were baptized) but otherwise not religious.

My bad.

How interesting. Two major mayoral candidates live in the same ward. Not just that, but John Tory and Rob Ford shared the same birthday.
With 45 people on council there's a 94% chance that two of them share the same birthday (and a 9% chance that three of them do).

Kensington, C&W Village and the Annex would get my votes. Least progressive would probably be somewhere in Etobicoke or North York.

As I said, Conservative, not conservative. It's about the Cons sewing up the pro-Israel vote, not about social/cultural/(even) economic conservativism per se...

Back