Toronto West Harbour City | ?m | 36s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

The second phase is to the West (28s tower with a podium of 10 or 11 floors). There are also some townhomes around back and future phases planned on lots to the north. I'm not sure how many towers are planned in total.

Mike, so will it be 38 or 39 floors total, or 28 base included? Sorry it's early and I'm a bit slow.

I visited the sales centre with a friend, and when looking at the scale model I was surprised how short and bulky it looked.

Besides that, great views of the lake and city on the upper floors.

Louroz

When I visited the sales office I thought the opposite, to me the model looked tall and imposing and the cobwebs at the top were a nice touch as well.

West Harbour City

The tower will be about 28s base included total and the podium to the side of the tower will be 11 floors.

FYNsite-1.jpg

You can see the new Cityplace Panorama building in that diagram at the lower far right east of Bathurst on Lakeshore.

^any idea if concord will be developing the rest of the wittington lands or will they pull an avondale with a different developer for each block

Would love to see them hand it over to Context or Lanterra.

West Harbour City

The rendering's not bad, but I can't help think that the there's enough residential highrise development in the area already. How long have we been hearing from councillours and others complaining about the 'wall of condominiums cutting the city off from the lakefront'. This development only makes things worse. (In another part of the city, it'd be fine.)

This part of the waterfront needs some low to medium rise commercial development. The area is in desperate need of streetlife, a reason to be there.

I remember walking along Queen's Quay, from Yonge to Bathurst, telling a friend that this is the last place in Toronto where I'd want live. The street life is dead. No shops, no restaurants, no coffee shops, no nothin'. Just lots of condo towers.

Would love to see them hand it over to Context or Lanterra

...or Great Gulf.

I dunno about this 'condos are cutting off the waterfront' argument. If that's the case, then one could argue that Vancouver's waterfront is completely cut off as well.

After the trip to Detroit, I started to realize that the rendering of WHC in some ways resembles the Fisher Building, with its massing, setbacks and colour...

westharbourcity.jpg
fisher_building.jpg

The street life is dead. No shops, no restaurants, no coffee shops, no nothin' - hmmm. I understand your broader point, which is that the streetscape of Queens Quay is not a destination like Queen or College. But there are coffee shops (I can think of two without trying) there are a few restaurants, a wine store, and other retail fronts on QQ - not to mention the mall, though touristy, on the street. In addition, there are two theatres, a great art gallery, and various other odds and sods around. I agree that it's not a pleasant walk, but let's not overstate the matter.

Me, I think the row of condos along the waterfront is (post 70's), for the most part, a good thing.

If these were commercial spaces instead of residential, then someone else would complain that prime waterfront land was turned over to "big business". My point is that not everyone will win.

Back