News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 623     0 

West Harbour City Phase II Condos (Berkley Homes, Plaza Corp) - Real Estate -

Chiggs@mac.com

Member Bio
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in a 2 Bedroom + Den, 2 Bathroom Assignment at West Harbour City Phase II, please PM me. I purchased in early 2007 but with the recent delay in the target completion date to December 2010 (with the potential for further delays) I'm reconsidering as my daughter will be very close to switching schools at that time and we will be looking in another part of the city.

It's the NW Corner Unit on the 23rd floor. Floorplan is available for viewing on the condo sales site. 1427 Square Feet + 3 balconies (not included in the square footage.)

When the Phase II Sales Centre re-opened over the summer, they were asking about $700K for the same unit on the 24th floor. While my unit is 1 floor below, I purchased 2 extra lockers which I feel are worth at least the same as the 1 floor difference.

$655 less 30K for the included parking and locker brings the unit total down to 625K or $438 per square foot.

More details are available at www.westharbourcityphase2.com

Last edited:
Got a letter from Plazacorp today regarding my Phase II unit. They stated that the building has now risen to roof top level and that they expect that the roof assembly will be completed in the coming few months. They have extended my tentative possession date to March 31, 2011. They also state that by the end of August 2010 they will write to give me a confirmed possession date.

Anyone else get a similar letter? Did you get the same date?

I see on the plazacorp site that they are showing WHC Phase 3 as coming soon.

Got a letter from Plazacorp today regarding my Phase II unit. They stated that the building has now risen to roof top level and that they expect that the roof assembly will be completed in the coming few months. They have extended my tentative possession date to March 31, 2011. They also state that by the end of August 2010 they will write to give me a confirmed possession date.

Anyone else get a similar letter? Did you get the same date?

I see on the plazacorp site that they are showing WHC Phase 3 as coming soon.

I got the same date....

Out of curiosity, when was your original date?

I got the same date....

Out of curiosity, when was your original date?

When I purchased in February 2007 I was given a date of December 2009 which I assumed would not be met. Last summer the date was officially moved to Novemner or December 2010 which frankly I assumed would slip as well given the pace of construction. I'm going to speculate that the March 31st date is a generic date being given to everyone and that either in August or later this fall, we will start to get dates based on which floor our units are on. I'm going to speculate that occupancy will start in April or May 2011 and that higher floors will get pushed out until June/July/August of 2011. I'm on the 23rd of what I believe is a 26 story building so I'm guessing July / August next year.

Got the same letter, same date. We had never been given an original date and had anticipated, watching WHC 1, that they'd start moving folks in late Spring 2011, so we weren't terribly surprised.

Open house at Phase 1 townhouses this Sat/Sun afternoon. They're offering 2 years no maintenance fees.

Back