Toronto Pan Am Village in the West Don Lands | ?m | ?s | DundeeKilmer | KPMB

The woonerfs are around the TCH apartments and River City condos, just north of Underpass Park.

Speaking of which, it looks like the fences surrounding the western part of the park have finally been taken down as of today.

The opening of the final phase of Underpass Park is very good news as it will make walking around the area that much easier. This summer has been good for the city as far as the unveiling of projects goes. What is next? LOL!

Thank heavens - I couldn't figure out why those fences were up for so long anyhow. Probably some legal conveyance issue.

Exactly! All worked out now finally. IIRC it had, for some flooding reason to do with the completion of the Don River berm because some of it's slightly lower than some of the other land around it.

Will the enormous parking area in Mr Fowler’s second last photograph be developed after the games? I hope that’s not remotely permanent.

Seriously? Is that really a question? Ya, it's not going to remain a massive parking lot and turn-around for Pan Am buses forever. The West Don Lands master plan showed a potential school site and other mixed-use and residential blocks. If a school doesn't want the site next to the park, then it will become something else. I wish people had some patience. This whole neighbourhood was accelerated only because of Pan Am. Otherwise it would have taken 3 times as long to fully build out. At least now there will be residents living here and new retail set up by this time next year.

Waterfront Toronto is so big I find myself lost on what is going where. Is this the same as the East Donlands?

Waterfront Toronto is so big I find myself lost on what is going where. Is this the same as the East Donlands?

Check out the interactive map on Waterfront Toronto's homepage, by clicking on "view map" located near the top of the page. There is no East Donlands.

Screen shot 2015-07-08 at 12.26.33 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-07-08 at 12.26.33 AM.png
    Screen shot 2015-07-08 at 12.26.33 AM.png
    243.8 KB · Views: 1,256
Now that you mention it, the East Don Lands seem like an empty hole in Waterfront Toronto's plans.

Which is interesting as the Unilever site is set to be developed sometime in the future.

Seriously? Is that really a question? Ya, it's not going to remain a massive parking lot and turn-around for Pan Am buses forever. The West Don Lands master plan showed a potential school site and other mixed-use and residential blocks. If a school doesn't want the site next to the park, then it will become something else. I wish people had some patience. This whole neighbourhood was accelerated only because of Pan Am. Otherwise it would have taken 3 times as long to fully build out. At least now there will be residents living here and new retail set up by this time next year.

+1

It's not like there's a link at the top of the page showing everything that is going to happen here

No. This is West Donlands, the piece of the WT lands north of the train tracks from Cherry to the Don. There's no 'East Donlands' per se, there's an 'East Bayfront', south of QQ to the lake, Sherbourne to Parliament.

I wouldn't call this so much "grey" as I would "charcoal". Like it or not, black/charcoal is timeless. This may not be a splash of colour, but any splash of colour becomes tacky and dated within a decade or two. The fact that these buildings are made mostly from brick, and are charcoal in colour, will help keep them looking quite neutral and pleasant over time.

I wouldn't call this so much "grey" as I would "charcoal". Like it or not, black/charcoal is timeless. This may not be a splash of colour, but any splash of colour becomes tacky and dated within a decade or two. The fact that these buildings are made mostly from brick, and are charcoal in colour, will help keep them looking quite neutral and pleasant over time.

Good point. Timelessness doesn't necessitate uniformity though, and developers should consider some red and yellow brick for the future builds.

Back