Toronto Wellesley on the Park | 194.15m | 60s | Lanterra | KPMB

IMG_4374.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4374.jpg
    IMG_4374.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,587
YC is drilling structural caissons from grade which explains why the drilling is taking forever. Plus you have a much larger footprint to work with here.

They're just moving right along. It's great to see. I think it's actually been understated on this board how much of a contribution this will make to this area. I'm really excited about it.

Completely agree, this finally projects completes the block after nearly 20 years - and will provide some much needed green space.

Lanterra is owning this area. They have at least 7 towers in a 3 block radius.

Murano x2
Burano
Wellesley on the Park
TeahHouse
The hotel on the corner of Bay/Wellesley
Another condo at the corner of Yonge/Wellesley completed a few years ago.

There is nothing wrong with this site plan or building. Lanterra paid serious coin for this property and thank God it's finally being developed in reality rather than waiting for some nimbytect design to materialize somehow through a fantasy dream and lots of wishful thoughts sent out to the universe.

This tower-in-a-park design actually works here and is the most appropriate solution for the site and the City.

I wonder what the fate of the old buildings along Yonge will be, as a result of this tower going up behind them. I think the best chance for preservation along the strip is the sort of thing we've seen at Five or Massey or 1 Yorkville, but now that this big parcel of land is being developed in isolation from those properties I can't really see a business case for someone else to come in and fix them up

I wonder what the fate of the old buildings along Yonge will be, as a result of this tower going up behind them. I think the best chance for preservation along the strip is the sort of thing we've seen at Five or Massey or 1 Yorkville, but now that this big parcel of land is being developed in isolation from those properties I can't really see a business case for someone else to come in and fix them up

I dont know?, if its just to keep the facades, there is more than enough room to throw a 40-45 storey structure

I dont know?, if its just to keep the facades, there is more than enough room to throw a 40-45 storey structure

I agree. Couldn't the NW corner of Yonge and Breadalbane still be developed with a decent height tower? Maybe there isn't enough space but it looks to me like you could still get the necessary 20m (25m?) separation.

Back