News   Apr 24, 2024
 551     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 758     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 524     0 

Wealthiest Neighborhood?

As far as how wealthy neighbourhoods are, one could also consider what percentage of the neighbourhood has struggled and scrimped and saved to be able to buy a house there...I suspect more people currently living in Rosedale can barely afford to live there than a neighbourhood like Hogg's Hollow.

But any wealthy areas outside the Toronto? I heard Kleinburg has some monstrous houses. A few areas in Richmond Hill and Markham have some mansions too.

QUOTE]

Caledon has many impressive homes in the "forks of the credit" area although many are not visible from the road. Elton John recently built an impressive mansion on the North West corner of Hurontario and 10th side rd.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gpayne85/439293328/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gpayne85/2965157539/

In Mississauga on Doulton pl there is some large mansions there like this contemporary palace, that is on the market for $7,895,000. The car collection inside the house not included. more pics here http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?propertyId=8179375

Isn't that just the ugliest house you've ever seen?

But on the corner of Mississauga Road and Doulton contains a VERY large mansion that has to be worth at least 30 million dollars.

Why?

I know of people who have scrimped and saved to live at Yonge and York Mills too.

Less, probably, comparatively.

If you ask someone on the street where the wealthiest area in Toronto is, 7 times out of 10 they'll tell you either Rosedale or Foresthill. How many people actually know where Hogg's Hallow is, and/or what the area represents, is questionable beyond the relatively few of whom already live in and around that area.

That being said, because most people will strive to become better than they really are, there will most likely be more people stretching themselves into Rosedale than Leslie and York Mills.

I just can't ever see myself settling for a modest home in Rosedale when one in the Bridal Path is so much more satisfying and spacious. Even Forest Hill and Hog's Hollow seems to have bigger houses.

There's an area in Markham with big houses as well as Richmond Hill. Also in Vaughan near a golf course there are a number of large mansions. I've never seen them anywhere else but on Google Earth.

But on the corner of Mississauga Road and Doulton contains a VERY large mansion that has to be worth at least 30 million dollars.

Is that the one where a maid was found murdered a couple of years ago?

I just can't ever see myself settling for a modest home in Rosedale when one in the Bridal Path is so much more satisfying and spacious.

Count me in as one who does not think size correlates with desireability. Classy "modest" $3M home in Rosedale vs. $5M stucco plywood monster elsewhere? Rosedale please!

Markham? Richmond Hill? Come on, man, you're settling. You need Casa Loma. Take one of the largest homes in North America off the hands of the Kiwanis Club. It was built with the dream of entertaining royalty. No one will be able to top that, no one!!!!!1!!!!

Anyone know what the square feet of this Forest Hill home is? It's right next to Upper Canada College.

http://www.luxist.com/2006/05/01/forest-hill-mansion-estate-of-the-day/
foresthills.jpg

Where does David Thomson live? With about $20 billion he is vastly richer than anyone else in the country. The wealthiest neighbourhood in the country is wherever Thomson is staying on any given day.

Edgehill Road

That Forest Hill house is my dream home! I find Forest Hill to be just as classy as Rosedale! Too bad about the faux french mansions that leaked through the planning in the early 2000's. Otherwise I find the Tudor homes (many by Sherwood) to be very tastefully done and reflect the history of the area.

On Google Earth I found an area in a valley to the west of the Lambton Golf and Country Club. Some of these places easily compete with York Mills. Perhaps the rich also prefer it because it's less well know and less suspect to prying eyes

Theres quite a few new mansions along Edgehill Road for example

Back