Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Vox Condominiums 
28 Wellesley St E, Toronto
Developer: Cresford Developments

Vox Condominiums (Cresford) - Real Estate -

Discussion in 'Real Estate - Individual Project Threads' started by pmilo, Sep 12, 2014.

1. pmilo

pmilo Active Member

I know this isn't the right thread, but there isn't a real estate thread for Vox Condos yet. Moderators please create one and move this over. Here are the floor plans. Typical layouts seen similar to Casa condos. It's disappointing when 2 bedroom units have only showers (no bathtubs) or sometimes 1 bath to share. Prices start at $199K for studios, $259K for 1 bedrooms, $359K for 2 bedrooms.

V1. v2. v3. v4. v5. v6. v7. v8. v9. v10.

2. Therion

Therion Senior Member

8.5 x 8 bedroom? That's a generous name for a closet with a window.

3. ksun

ksun Senior Member

there is one that's 8' * 8'4'', which is 8*8 1/3 = 67 sq ft or 6 sq m. How can that even function as a bedroom?

4. innsertnamehere

innsertnamehere Senior Member

I never got the obsession with large bedrooms, Bedrooms from my experience can function right down to around 7x7 feet with a twin bed or even 5.5x7 with a single. its a place to sleep, not your living room.

5. cdr108

cdr108 Senior Member

and how would it work for someone who wants a queen or king bed ?!?
    I can understand your acceptance for the small bedroom if this was a dormitory ... or wait, that's what these are, private glorified dorm rooms.

btw, the floorplans are getting more and more ridiculous ... 2 bedrooms squeezed into 600-700 square feet !

6. TheKingEast

TheKingEast Senior Member

For you, maybe. But for me, nothing less than 10x10. And if we want to encourage families to buy condos, then developers have to design units with families in mind and not just a single, non-cooking-jet-setting student who dreams of living in a shoebox.

This will be a glorified dorm.

7. Youranthony1

Youranthony1 Active Member

Completely agree. I couldn't imagine sleeping with my partner in 7x7 bedroom. I personally would never buy into a unit if the master bedroom wasn't at least 10x10.

8. dt_toronto_geek

dt_toronto_geek Superstar

Although Cresford's "alleged" VOX condos is incorrectly listed as either 26 or 28 Wellesley St. E., this should be moved to the 40 Wellesley Street E. thread.
    Apparently this building is "sold out" in just three days, making it the number one selling condo in Toronto this year. I smell bullshit. There's not even a sign for the development application onsite. The "renderings" are horrific, architecture just stepped back 10 years.

9. pmilo

pmilo Active Member

My guess is, the 'sold out' refers to released floors only and the developer is holding onto more floors to release later at a higher price tag. Or perhaps its true. Its not a tall building and the floor plate doesn't have that many units. Perhaps sold to investors.