News   Apr 24, 2024
 968     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 627     0 

Vaughan Mills Mall (Ivanhoe Cambridge, 150,000 sq ft expansion)

mrjun18

Member Bio
Reaction score
More news about the Vaughan Mills expansion...

http://www.thestar.com/business/article/1315789--vaughan-mills-mall-to-add-50-stores

Vaughan Mills mall to add 50 stores

Vaughan Mills will soon be nearly 14,000 square metres larger.

Ivanhoe Cambridge, which owns the Vaughan shopping centre, announced plans Wednesday for an $87-million expansion, with construction scheduled to start this spring.

The expansion will provide space for another 50 stores. Once complete, the mall will have 19 major tenants and 250 stores in just over 104,000 square metres of retail space. The existing food court will be re-designed and an entertainment court added.

New tenants will include a LegoLand Discovery Centre, which was previously announced.

The interior and exterior of the building will get a facelift to add “architectural appeal” and the parking lot will be expanded to add 450 spots.

The mall was built in 2004 and draws some 13.5 million shoppers each year.

Vaughan Mills’ redevelopment follows a $220 million expansion at Yorkdale Shopping Centre that was unveiled last fall, boosting that mall’s total retail space to more than 148,000 square metres.

Nope, I like it. Canada uses metric, so we should get used to, you know, actually using it.

Officially, we're metric. But many people still cling to the imperial system, and businesses cater to this when it's to their benefit. A lot of the construction industry uses Imperial.

It's a boring oversized mall...and they're gonna make it even bigger?

Yorkdale is 10x better.

What exactly makes it "oversized"? It’s a mall, not sure what you’re expecting.

Yorkdale is definitely better but it's also better than every other mall in the GTA/Toronto as well. I’m looking forward to this project, especially the exterior renovations.

I wonder what stores/services will be added? Construction starts this spring so I guess we will find out soon.

Vaughan Mills is Canada's best discount mall, that's for sure and this will only make it better. Of course it doesn't compete with Yorkdale, which I view as the best mall in Canada. They cater to two different types of buyers. I am looking forward to these changes. I was at Vaughan Mills a few weeks ago and I remember commenting that it could use a face lift. Glad to see they are on top of things.

I wonder what stores/services will be added? Construction starts this spring so I guess we will find out soon.

I wonder if this will be the first local outpost of Nordstrom's Rack? Weren't they rumoured to be looking for a launch before the main Nordstrom's department stores opened?

I can already predict that Apple will open shop here as one of the new anchors. I'm wondering who the other will be. Something new to market or something that Yorkdale already has? Possibly a Nordstroms outlet? 50 new stores at this mall is gonna be big. I'm glad to hear they're giving the entire mall a facelift, it is definitely needed. This mall is good, but it could be great if they renovate and do it right. Obviously no one can compete with Yorkdale. It's probably the best mall in Canada.

I wonder if this will be the first local outpost of Nordstrom's Rack? Weren't they rumoured to be looking for a launch before the main Nordstrom's department stores opened?

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. Good competition for Holt Renfrew's Last Call at V.Mills.

Back