News   Apr 16, 2024
 215     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.4K     5 

Unique Houses in Toronto

I wonder why modern so often means rectangular or square, with flat panels these days.

Maybe it's a cost issue?

I like variety, but so many modern designs are almost starting to look like so many other modern designs, perhaps not so much in real detail and design, but in theme. I guess one can't have every new build be a complete genre-defining eureka moment though I guess.

I believe they were built by Nick Bernhard, a real estate agent.

The architect was Zak Ghanim

resident7.jpg
resident8.jpg

That's another interesting modern house in an old neighbourhood. Just by looking at the front facade some minor details look cheap like the uninspired greenery and the lighting fixtures. Plus, there are some fairly large expanses of blank wall, though they seem to wrap the focal window nicely. Prominent front access to the basement apartment is a plus as well.

What intersection is this close to?

I think it was near Bleecker. (on Carlton)

one of urbandreamer's favourite homes in toronto..

is on Glencairn between Bathurst and Glencairn station!

dsc01517z.jpg

I hope it's on the historical list of homes that can never be demolished for mcmansions, because one day I wanna own it! (What a tragedy that a fugly thing was built so close to the property line!:( )

I've been watching this FH house get built, here's the latest (taken Sunday PM)

dsc00661p.jpg

dsc00662aou.jpg

Doesn't look too shabby!

Down the street--Chaplin, closer to Eglinton--another modern house is going up, windows installed. Will attempt to get a photo on the weekend.

Great looking house.

Urbandreamer, love your little house on Glencairn! It's too sweet.

Not protected, though.

There is a funny little house in Scarborough that is protected, and on the Inventory it is called the Bauhaus house, which is really pretty funny. I'm not sure if it was ever handsome, but time has not been kind to it.

Urbandreamer, love your little house on Glencairn! It's too sweet.

Not protected, though.

There is a funny little house in Scarborough that is protected, and on the Inventory it is called the Bauhaus house, which is really pretty funny. I'm not sure if it was ever handsome, but time has not been kind to it.
Link or picture?

That streamline moderne house looks like such a local gem. It's plain yet with a few sparse elements like the curves and slightly pronounced horizontal lines in the brickwork it has an authentic elegance to it that the stucco house to the left struggles to match.

Back