News   Mar 28, 2024
 36     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 146     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 242     0 

Unique Houses in Toronto

This common structure may be "unique" only because of the construction details.

Weekly Building Reporter June 14, 1930

http://static.torontopubliclibrary.ca/da/pdfs/37131104744297d_v6_n24.pdf

757MillwoodRd1930_zps61d890dc.jpg

Goldie: Interesting find about the history of this house located at 757 Millwood Road...
Which neighborhood is this located in?

This house looks great and was well kept over time and it almost is hard to believe that this house is 84 years
old...That is why I like brick and stone construction - they age well and are built to last...

I was wondering what that house sold for back in 1930 and its value today...

I also wonder if the current owner or renter is aware of the history of this house and that
it is posted here at UT...

LI MIKE

Goldie: Interesting find about the history of this house located at 757 Millwood Road...
Which neighborhood is this located in?

This house looks great and was well kept over time and it almost is hard to believe that this house is 84 years
old...That is why I like brick and stone construction - they age well and are built to last...

I was wondering what that house sold for back in 1930 and its value today...

I also wonder if the current owner or renter is aware of the history of this house and that
it is posted here at UT...

LI MIKE

Millwood Rd. is in the Leaside neighbourhood of Toronto.

Yes L I Mike, I'm also curious about the original 1930 price of that house.

I understand that many homes were sold for $4,000 to $6,000 in that era.

Today, this similar home on a nearby street is listed at $1,269,000

1269000_zpsae502308.jpg

If I lived nearby, I'd show this post to the present owner.
Perhaps another UTer will drop by and do that.

This is the real beauty of Toronto and i am delight to see the images and really beautiful houses in town. The houses look very attractive if they are beautifully designed like these in the Toronto Photography. Really attractive ones.

Last edited:
Absolutely beautiful. Thanks adma.

And that G&M newspaper article is so well-written, too.

118 Three Valleys Dr

This house is absolutely stunning in person (possibly my favourite contemporary house in Toronto; the corten is beautiful). It is owned by a prominent interior designer.

2rxtsuv.jpg

2zqzck5.jpg

34ermet.jpg

2i9mfc4.jpg

2wqv8km.jpg

Last edited:
6 Bushbury Dr

This is a really nice new build at the entrance to the Donalda Golf And Country Club. There is a really neat dormer window/skylight (not sure what the appropriate term would be) on the roof facing eastward. It was hard to photograph because of all the trees on the neighbouring property. You can barely make it out in these photos. The house it replaced was quite attractive and I was sad to see it go, but this is a rare case where I think the replacement is even better looking. The present house seems to have honoured the original structure and used it as the basis for its design (the shape is similar), though the former is much larger.

122kimp.jpg

2uj2edl.jpg

Original house:

2v3hr9w.jpg

Photo: TOBuilt

Mods, is there not a way to upload photos straight from one's hard drive?

91 Laurentide Dr

Year: 1957

Architect: Henry Fliess

54ufpw.jpg

o6md7r.jpg

1hwe92.jpg

j65s86.jpg

And a bonus shot of its neighbour: 93 Laurentide Dr (designed in a similar fashion)

okpx55.jpg

Last edited:
Across the street from the previous post: 94 Laurentide Dr? (can't make out the address)

This one is interesting. I wonder if it could be designed by Teeple? The portion above the garage reminds of the pavilion at Sherbourne Common (just needs some hockey puck dents in it to match).

zwga4p.jpg

sxkk6c.jpg

2z9ic9j.jpg

15ogtv7.jpg

2mfi03l.jpg

6 Geraldine Ct

A car was parked where I wanted to photograph from (on the house side of the street), so I couldn't quite get the angles I wanted, nevertheless, here you go.

2u42912.jpg

1198k92.jpg

16kv0oj.jpg

iw58ue.jpg

Old and new (114 & 116 Brookbanks Dr). It looks like the house on the right was inspired by its neighbour (built in 1960).

And check out that exquisite public realm!

1zxxy5i.jpg

Back