Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Wasn't there a campfire thing at the Distillery Christmas market?

I don't remember offhand, though one of the Winter Stations installations on the Beach last winter had a campfire. In a wooden enclosure, no less! Horrors. Though I guess if that one had burned down, it's not like the beach would catch fire.

Photos from this morning:

image020.jpg

image022.jpg

image023.jpg

image011.jpg

AoD

Attachments

• image020.jpg
    image020.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 825
  • image022.jpg
    image022.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 784
  • image023.jpg
    image023.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 783
  • image011.jpg
    image011.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 762
Isn't the TTC sign temporary ?

I'd hope so. That looks awful. Even if they'd just printed off a vinyl sign it would have looked better

That last east-facing shot really shows how great this area has become. It's a fantastic introduction to our city for travelers. Highly urban yet classic looking.

Agreed, they did a really great job! The addition of the planter boxes in the center median will be a perfect addition as well to stop the drivers from freely driving all over the place...

Even if it didn't fully meet the renders, this is far-better-than-Toronto-average!

We might hate the PanAm HOV lanes, but the new permanent Union vibe makes up.

That said: I wish the whole Union station was already complete. Inside Union, only 1/6th of the new space is open (newly done York concourse). Yet to come is the nightmare of the Bay concourse shutdown, the Great Hall and VIA renovations, and the opening of the huge basement mall. That's 5/6ths of new-or-renovated interior space not yet open. Imagine that -- only 1/6th of Union's interior is new-or-reno'd. Lots more gift unwrapping to come.

Given the reports that the HOV lanes are speeding up taxis and transit, and those that car pool, significantly, then surely the HOV lanes are also a plus!
That's true. But I think the HOVs need to allow 2-person cars rather than 3-person. I think 3-person was a bit overkill, given 90% of PanAm attendance is local.

Fortunately, the HOV's don't affect me, as I haven't brought my car outside of the Hamilton area during the Games. (taking GO into town)

Back