Toronto Union Pearson Express | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | MMM Group Limited

upload_2016-2-14_14-36-4.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-2-14_14-36-4.png
    upload_2016-2-14_14-36-4.png
    767.1 KB · Views: 417
It's nice to see the crowds interested in the UP Express. If only they could get this amount of interest and support on a normal fare day!

Using the UP Express right now to commute to Brampton...so many damn kids and strollers everywhere. No lineups though...I got there at 11:58 and got on the 12pm train.

You lucked out. Just look at the lineup right now.

image.jpg

image.jpg

That's not even where the line begins. It continues past a set of doors...

image.jpg

...and then around the corner.
image.jpg

image.jpg

I haven't decided yet if it's worth the wait, especially since I took the train a few times already. But before I leave I will make sure to tell every air traveller I see that they are allowed to bypass the line. So far I probably saved about a dozen people from missing their flights.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 382
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 381
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 383
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 376
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 429
If you give something for nothing, it has no perceived value. It would have been better for UPE for a toonie, at least folks are forced to exchange some money for the experience. As it is now, the gap from the promo to the actual usage is zero cash to cash. That's a bigger perceptual gap than $2 to $19.

I passed by the station around 12:30. There was only a few people there. By 13:00 the lineup reached the end of the ramp. The typical users seemed to be families from the suburbs, so I guess that makes sense (get up around 10, take the GO train, get into the city around noon).

I showed up at around 2 and UPX staff told me the wait was 2.5 hours. I saw people with suitcases that were freaking out because they were going to miss flights. I could have waited but I felt bad for the people that actually needed to use the service while people like me were trying to ride for fun.

I showed up at around 2 and UPX staff told me the wait was 2.5 hours. I saw people with suitcases that were freaking out because they were going to miss flights. I could have waited but I felt bad for the people that actually needed to use the service while people like me were trying to ride for fun.
There is a line for people who have to catch a flight. They get priority. But I can see the line reaching the Skywalk entrance with no staff to point this out.

There is a line for people who have to catch a flight. They get priority. But I can see the line reaching the Skywalk entrance with no staff to point this out.
When I was there the line stretched past the Ontario Tourism store.

You lucked out. Just look at the lineup right now.

I haven't decided yet if it's worth the wait, especially since I took the train a few times already. But before I leave I will make sure to tell every air traveller I see that they are allowed to bypass the line. So far I probably saved about a dozen people from missing their flights.
Wow I really lucked out! I'm glad I left my place early to get to Brampton. I left at 12pm and was at my parents place by 12:45. I've never gotten there that fast.

When I got to Pearson there was a massive line of people wanting to go back downtown. Luckily I'm not heading back until 10pm so it should be empty.

There should've been two separates lines, though
People with tickets for flights should be bypassing the large line and taking the next train.
It was hard to tell from the back of the line.

Back