Toronto Union Pearson Express | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | MMM Group Limited

85 and 87 westbound, 84 eastbound according to Reservia.

I saw it happen recently with 84, and from the crew's reaction it's not that frequent.

- Paul

Ok...seems that it only stops there if there is someone that has pre-arranged it...guess I got lucky all those times.

http://www.viarail.ca/en/explore-our-destinations/stations/ontario/malton said:
Indication on the stop sign

For a stop at this station on trains 84, 85 and 87, reservations are required at least 4 hours in advance the day of departure.

Screen shot 2016-02-05 at 4.06.54 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-02-05 at 4.06.54 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-02-05 at 4.06.54 PM.png
    60 KB · Views: 527
Even though Pearson passenger numbers fluctuate, it looks like the proportion of Pearson passengers delivered by UP isn't increasing (if anything, this short period shows a decrease):

CaetxaXUMAAfKoe.png

^they look reasonably co-related ...the observation that passenger volumes recovered in December faster than UP ridership probably is explained by there likely being a higher percentage of leisure travel in December as people travel for the holidays.

It is interesting that the share is not increasing....despite overall very good reports/reviews on the service.

EDIT: also need to take into account small sample size and limited data points.

Last edited:
Yet people still take a taxi or limo to get to and from the airport ($$$ for the taxi fee). Others have a friend or relative get to and from the airport ($ for the gasoline and time). And finally, some drive themselves to and from the airport, and leave their cars at the airport while they are out of the city (AKA Park-N-Fly) ($$ for the parking, extra $ for the extras, such as wash or valet).

Yet people still take a taxi or limo to get to and from the airport ($$$ for the taxi fee). Others have a friend or relative get to and from the airport ($ for the gasoline and time). And finally, some drive themselves to and from the airport, and leave their cars at the airport while they are out of the city (AKA Park-N-Fly) ($$ for the parking, extra $ for the extras, such as wash or valet).
its convience. Again the UP does appeal to mostly the business person going on business and writing it off or having company reimburse. I say bring the UP over (to the TTC)

192 Rocket has twice as many riders as this train.
Imagine how many it would have with its own President, livery and coffee bar at Kipling :)

Time for this fiasco to be stopped. Reset the fare structure to be the same as a GO train to Malton, let's see what happens.

Imagine how many it would have with its own President, livery and coffee bar at Kipling :)

This is what offends me about the whole thing, more than price. I can buy experimenting with price points, and I can buy premium fare. What I can't buy is creating a separate business unit, which is likely more costly than having the GO organization operate the service using its existing business functions. It breeds a 'we are special" mentality. Which leads to weakened governance. And redundant positions in the same organization who don't work to similar expectations or policy. Which leads to unjustifiable items on expense accounts, etc, etc.

- Paul

Back