Toronto U of T: Goldring Centre for High Performance Sport | 51m | 6s | U of T | Patkau

goldringj19.jpg

What looks like temporary steel supports are currently going up. 2 of them are up at this point, see them in yellow colour here

Edit: I may be wrong, and these will become 2 cranes.

Confirming these are steel supports for the gym roof / floor of next level. Currently erecting the 5th one.

this is coming along. Hard to tell from the renders, but will the basketball court be substantially below grade, with a lot of offices other stuff located above? Is there no possibility of putting a tower on the north side of this development any more?

Last edited:
August 10

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0020.jpg
    IMG_0020.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 733
  • IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 705
  • IMG_0024.jpg
    IMG_0024.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 698
Was by the site before heading home today and some real meat in the steel work. Not the standard run of the mill beams or bracing project.

A lot of full moment welded connections done on site as well in the shop.

Never seen this type of truss before, especially the north end.

I don't believe so. My understanding is that this is a facility intended for more advanced athletic training, whereas the fit rec houses some of U of T's facilities for those purposes--rehab centers, etc.--but is also just an all-purpose gym. This one is more for more advanced athletic training. I could be wrong, though.

Back