Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

I just don't get why you would arbitrarily end the line at Victoria Park. It's not a major node and will likely cause more transfers for people than less.
Don't blame me for this as it was before my time and a TTC plan. It shorten various bus routes and not get caught up at the 404 mess.

As far as I know, it was where phase One was to end. Even though I wasn't involved with transit when the line surface, it made no sense to me then for a subway on this road. It was to end there because of lack of money for the whole line as well until Mike came to office.

Don't blame me for this as it was before my time and a TTC plan. It shorten various bus routes and not get caught up at the 404 mess.

As far as I know, it was where phase One was to end. Even though I wasn't involved with transit when the line surface, it made no sense to me then for a subway on this road. It was to end there because of lack of money for the whole line as well until Mike came to office.

The "you" was a proverbial "you" implying why anyone would end it at Victoria Park....as much as I appreciate the clarification.

If this logic is applied, then the TYSSE to Highway 7 makes sense as it crosses Highway 407. Also, doesn’t this discussion belong in the Shepard Subway(Proposed) Thread?

The "you" was a proverbial "you" implying why anyone would end it at Victoria Park....as much as I appreciate the clarification.
LOL:D:), I know that. Someone else may blame me regardless when I was not dealing with transit then.

What I should note, by taking the line over to Victoria, that you do have the ability of extending the line east when "if" the needs every rise for as well justifying it in the first place. You can keep the LRT on the surface if it every gets built until the subway opens.

As for going to hwy 7 under the 407, it was the only option. The 407 station will be a white elephant station for decades and may never achieve the ridership for it in the first place.

Absolutely pathetic performance by Bondfield. They should be restricted from bidding on transit projects for the next 5 years minimum for how badly they've mismanaged every transit project they've touched within that period of time.

As much as I appreciate green space in the city, I feel the space facing the "V" at the entrance to York U station is seriously a missed opportunity. This green space should instead have been built as a set of concrete steps - a place for students to congregate, or just have lunch during the warm months.
image.jpg

(Source: http://www.cp24.com/polopoly_fs/1.3...e.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_620/image.jpg)

This could have been the perfect opportunity to build something like this:
spanska-trappan-web.jpg

(Source: https://elsamakes.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/spanska-trappan-web.jpg)

As much as I appreciate green space in the city, I feel the space facing the "V" at the entrance to York U station is seriously a missed opportunity. This green space should instead have been built as a set of concrete steps - a place for students to congregate, or just have lunch during the warm months.
image.jpg

(Source: http://www.cp24.com/polopoly_fs/1.3...e.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_620/image.jpg)

This could have been the perfect opportunity to build something like this:
spanska-trappan-web.jpg

(Source: https://elsamakes.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/spanska-trappan-web.jpg)

I brought this up and was told that this was the original idea but it went against accessibility policy because they’d have to build ramps that would’ve either been too steep or would take up much of the space. This is why we can’t have nice things.

I brought this up and was told that this was the original idea but it went against accessibility policy because they’d have to build ramps that would’ve either been too steep or would take up much of the space. This is why we can’t have nice things.

dont they have elevators at other parts of the station why would they need ramps would this be considered another entrance that requires accesibility features.

dont they have elevators at other parts of the station why would they need ramps would this be considered another entrance that requires accesibility features.

I asked that. There’s an elevator in that alcove next to the escalator. They said they’d need ramps to meet their accessibility policy.

Back