Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

Why do official news releases always bilingualize the park's name. That isn't the practice even for national or provincial parks
Not sure - not even the feds have done that for some time. We are luck that they don't just refer to it as CFB Toronto or RCAF Station Downsview!

Good grief - Bombardier writes some pretty good contracts don't they!

Hopefully someone has enough sense to add Scarborough Centre in the programming too at the same time - as I doubt there'll be any other extensions/lines for these trains for many years.
Cloverdale.

The bus stop announcements have already been changed to Sheppard West.

Screen Shot 2017-04-22 at 2.38.40 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-22 at 2.38.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-22 at 2.38.40 AM.png
    672.2 KB · Views: 207
I just thought of something that may be a problem if they change Downsview to Sheppard West. When (if) Line 4 get extended west to Sheppard West, won't they have to change the station name again to something that doesn't have Sheppard in the name, excluding Sheppard-Allen? This logic comes from them renaming Eglinton West to Cedarvale, which I assume is to prevent people on Line 5 from getting confused which Eglinton West station they are at. If they follow the same logic as Line 2 (no Bloor East or Bloor West) and Line 5 (no Eglinton East or Eglinton West), won't they Line 4 extension west mess up the naming scheme once again?

I just thought of something that may be a problem if they change Downsview to Sheppard West. When (if) Line 4 get extended west to Sheppard West, won't they have to change the station name again to something that doesn't have Sheppard in the name, excluding Sheppard-Allen? This logic comes from them renaming Eglinton West to Cedarvale, which I assume is to prevent people on Line 5 from getting confused which Eglinton West station they are at. If they follow the same logic as Line 2 (no Bloor East or Bloor West) and Line 5 (no Eglinton East or Eglinton West), won't they Line 4 extension west mess up the naming scheme once again?

hold your horses!!! a line 4 extension west wont happen in our lifetimes so you dont have to worry!!!

I was digging through the York Region Transportation Master Plan from 2016 and found the following map interesting, especially the ambitious arrows showing the TYSSE extended to Major Mackenzie (also Yonge Subway Extension extended again). I wonder how long until the "future study" happens and local politicians start pushing a TYSSE extension, especially with all the development happening around VMC. Langstaff, Vaughan Mills/Rutherford, and Major Mackenzie/Wonderland stations maybe? Sorry if this was a tad off topic, but thought the prospect of extending the TYSSE was post-worthy.

54dBlNx.png

... especially the ambitious arrows showing the TYSSE extended to Major Mackenzie (also Yonge Subway Extension extended again).
Yes, that's interesting. Also are the peak-hour GO Train service on the Bolton and Peterborough lines. Along with the transitways on the 427 and the new east-west expressway north of 19th Avenue.

Back