News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 587     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 885     0 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

Knowing the TTC, they were most likely conveniently bunched one right behind the other. I didnt see one TR from my trip from Yonge all the way to Kipling.

The lack of A/C is a big problem, but what's worse is when the vents blow hot air into cars and create an internal sauna.

The lack of A/C is a big problem, but what's worse is when the vents blow hot air into cars and create an internal sauna.

Yeah, exactly. I guess there's no way to shut off the forced air system? It would be tolerable without it.

maybe they shouldve incorporated tip in windows like they have on other metros in some countries...

maybe they shouldve incorporated tip in windows like they have on other metros in some countries...

We had them on the G-cars. They really didn't make a lick of a difference when it was hot out, and plus they allowed all of the really fun fine particulate that currently lives in the tunnels - from the wheels and rails, brake shoes, etc. - into the cars.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

I was on some trains in Italy with opening windows recently, when the train went through a tunnel it was actually very windy inside the train. probably too much to be tolerable here.

I was on a TR train on line 2 today and got some pictures and video of it.

27699005533_0c1c377965_z_d.jpg

28033166780_3dcefd1833_z_d.jpg

28033161880_b7987c6027_z_d.jpg

28280738426_356b2ce29c_z_d.jpg

I also did a walk though of a four car one on Shepard a few days ago too.

I also did a walk though of a four car one on Shepard a few days ago too.

Trains are not as empty as they used to be on the Sheppard line. I also noticed it too whenever I need to go to Fairview Mall, this line is indeed being used.

TTC management of that line however does raised an eyebrow...
  • They could easily run less trains off peak (every 8-10 minutes instead of every 5...like in most cities)
  • Why are they keeping this line open up to almost 2 am??? Close it at midnight and run buses

• They could easily run less trains off peak (every 8-10 minutes instead of every 5...like in most cities)
  • Why are they keeping this line open up to almost 2 am??? Close it at midnight and run buses

The answer to both of those is "TTC policy".

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Trains are not as empty as they used to be on the Sheppard line. I also noticed it too whenever I need to go to Fairview Mall, this line is indeed being used.

That video was shot at about 1:00 in the afternoon.

We had them on the G-cars. They really didn't make a lick of a difference when it was hot out, and plus they allowed all of the really fun fine particulate that currently lives in the tunnels - from the wheels and rails, brake shoes, etc. - into the cars.

Umm... Don't forget rat dropping, rat fur and human hair and skin. I wouldn't want that blowing around a subway car

All the non-G trains, with or without air-conditioning, but with forced air blowing, have air filters on them them filter out the impurities. Those air filters are an cost, which have to be changed every so often, like on your central air furnace or air conditioner.

BTW. Don't forget to clean your window air-conditioning filters. They'll work better with the dust not blocking them.

A question has been asked of me if TTC every got paid for the H5 cars going to Lagos, Nigeria after China offer to pay for new ones. I have no idea. I expect the cars that maded it to the US found their way to the scrap yard like the rest of them.

Here are what those new trains look like
CRRC rolls out first metro train for Lagos

A question has been asked of me if TTC every got paid for the H5 cars going to Lagos, Nigeria after China offer to pay for new ones. I have no idea. I expect the cars that maded it to the US found their way to the scrap yard like the rest of them.

The TTC got paid for the cars, yes. But the cars themselves were scrapped by the outfit in Buffalo that was originally going to do the work.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Back