News   May 03, 2024
 644     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 304     0 

TTC: Top 5 Reasons for Subway Delays

Totally BS!!

The REAL Top 5 Reasons for Subway/Bus Delays

5) Lazyass drivers driving at 30/hr

4) Lazyass drivers like to take their coffee breaks and sucking their lungs out til they get cancer with cigarettes while all the commuters are freezing their ass off waiting for the bus to come.

3) Lazyass drivers like to pause at some stations for 3-5 minutes (Union, Kipling, Eglinton, OSSING-F**-TON!)

2) Lazyass drivers like to change shift at some stations that takes up to 10 minutes. The driver would simply leave the train. Then the other lazyass driver will appear 5 minutes later, slowly walking to his/her hole and resume driving.

1) Lazyass PATHETIC drivers READING THEIR F****** NEWSPAPER WHILE DRIVING THE GOD DAMN BUS!!! Sure they don't actually read it when driving. But they read every time during red lights. And the worst thing, sometimes at a pitstop, they just pause there until they finish their god damn article or puzzle before resuming!

^You've got to be kidding me. I haven't seen so much head-up-your-ass ignorance in one post since the most f'ed up of miketoronto's.

Agreed, you are out of line. Stop it now.

This is the TTCs way of guilt tripping us into thinking its all our fault. The fact is that the TTC is poorly run and their marketing voice is like a whiny mother who has a problem with "garbage goblins" and people holding doors.

Let's remember that this list concerned subways. It's also worth remembering that trash ends up on tracks because people are lazy, and not because there are no trash bins everywhere.

Does "mind the gap injuries" really mean jumpers?

I've never been on a subway that's been delayed due to fire or litter or fires caused by litter.

While casually chatting with a subway driver, she told us that jumpers are an almost daily occurance and they tend to lurk around the wall where the train enters the station and then flyout at the last minute and not always get killed.
A guy was pinned between the train and the platform and the movement of the trian twisted him like a corkscrew. He was alive and talking, feeling no pain and thought he was going to be alright and they they had to explain to him that when they levered the train to free him that his lower parts would just give way and fall, killing him instantly. They had actually called in his girlfriend to talk to him before he was to die and they were both in denial until the "end".
Take it for what it's worth but this is what I was told.:(

"Take it for what it's worth but this is what I was told."

It's probably true...unless the driver just saw "Signs" and was messing with you.

Oh, and congratulations on the most morbid first post in this forum's history!

He was just recalling an old (but famous) Homicide: Life on the Street episode.

i've heard some horror stories. if using the subway, do everyone a favor and stand beside that button that cuts the power and keep an eye on the platform.

While casually chatting with a subway driver, she told us that jumpers are an almost daily occurance...

Even if we round that supposed "almost daily occurance" statement to 250 to 300 days of the year, we would have a most notable statistic. This would give the Toronto subway the dubious distinction of being the location where about 20% to 30% of all suicides in Ontario would be taking place.

Given the delays when such an event happens, I'm surprised the thing is operating at all.

Well, I was on a train that rolled over a jumper in Dec.

Luckily for me, I was just delayed a little -- since the jumper jumped from the platform that I was disembarking from (Dundas St.). They cleared the station for a "medical emergency". After hearing a soft sound, from something hitting the train or dropping just in front, then having a little bump, power cut, a slightly electrical smell, and then them coming on saying something about a medical emergency and coming around car by car opening up the emergency doors -- and asking everyone to leave.

I heard from a somewhat reliable source that "jumpers" average 3/week on the TTC.

I heard from a somewhat reliable source that "jumpers" average 3/week on the TTC.

Considering the frequency of jumpers I saw at Sunnybrook, I can believe this figure. As you might imagine, the impact can be very nasty.

Back