Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

This is kind of exactly what is happening though. Despite the subway if you review YRT's transit plans a fair number of routes will continue to serve the York University campus, bypassing the whole extra ttc fare for a 3 stop subway ride.

This is kind of exactly what is happening though. Despite the subway if you review YRT's transit plans a fair number of routes will continue to serve the York University campus, bypassing the whole extra ttc fare for a 3 stop subway ride.
Thought York wanted all municipal buses off of campus when subway done?

Which you would expect from an agency which won't bear the operating losses from an underused subway extension...

And to make it even sillier, many of these routes will pull into all three of the stations to the north.

I know viva purple will not go to YorkU after Spadina subway opens, viva orange also will run only on hwy7 west. There will be a York U shuttle bus running between RH center between york U but I believe it will be a service offered by York U not YRT. Any other routes specifically you guys are talking about to bypass the York region subway stops?

I know viva purple will not go to YorkU after Spadina subway opens, viva orange also will run only on hwy7 west. There will be a York U shuttle bus running between RH center between york U but I believe it will be a service offered by York U not YRT. Any other routes specifically you guys are talking about to bypass the York region subway stops?

The 2017 Service Plan (found here) indicates that at least 4 routes (101, 75, 22, 3) will loop through the York U campus.

looks like 101 is the shuttle route. I was under impression shuttle service is free but looks like it will be contracted to YRT as a paid service :)
all these routes are coming from the east of the subway and supposed to end at Steeles, I don't see any problems why they shouldn't loop a bit into York campus.
Also the next page clearly shows these routes connecting to Pioneer Village Station, not York U station. It might hint where it stops inside the campus.

Snapped a photo of York U Station construction from the upper deck of the 51 last week.

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 980
York U station is going to be really freaking nice, and might just be the only station on the line truly justified in being so. Can't wait to see it in person.

Back