News   Jun 26, 2024
 855     0 
News   Jun 26, 2024
 743     0 
News   Jun 26, 2024
 674     0 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

That would make too much sense. I would fully support it. I really hope the opposition starts focusing and put pressure on these details like going above ground wherever possible. Not only for savings but it would become the right decision for effectiveness
It is ridiculous. This could be much cheaper than a subway.

Should have been the plan all along but I see the merits of an STC underground station (only the station proper). Elevate the rest

Has a study been done on how to elevate the subway over McCowan Rd? I have driven that part of Scarborough many times and I am having a hard time visualizing what that would look it. Most of it is pure residential, so unless we are talking about buying up homes now along that stretch, just hard to visualize.

Yup, we can have underground station at STC.

Maybe grade separation between Kennedy and Eglinton-Danforth. Eglinton-Danforth could become a hub as the point where Crosstown East and a McCowan LRT merge.

Unless you can duplicate SRT speed, performance and reliability it's a bad idea. Has to be as good performance wise as current SRT. TTC is clear on that part that SRT needs to be replaced, not downgraded. You're saying "maybe" with the grade separation criteria. At grade LRT can't go as fast as a subway or SRT

McCowan road definately is, that's why they are so adamant on that corridor and not the other alternatives

You mean, like this intensification node?

upload_2017-3-28_15-58-16.png

It is useful as a stop because of Scarborough Hospital - but the redevelopment potential is rather limited - two strip malls in SE and SW (backed up against the yellow belt, good luck building tall there). It doesn't hold a candle against the SRT corridor in terms of ultimate redevelopment potential.

AoD

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-28_15-58-16.png
    upload_2017-3-28_15-58-16.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 413
Unless you can duplicate SRT speed, performance and reliability it's a bad idea. Has to be as good performance wise as current SRT. TTC is clear on that part that SRT needs to be replaced, not downgraded. You're saying "maybe" with the grade separation criteria. At grade LRT can't go as fast as a subway or SRT

Then let's put it in the sky. :)

Has a study been done on how to elevate the subway over McCowan Rd? I have driven that part of Scarborough many times and I am having a hard time visualizing what that would look it. Most of it is pure residential, so unless we are talking about buying up homes now along that stretch, just hard to visualize.

There is more space than there seems. The property line is further back than the road would suggest. This would mean removing some grassy medians and trees on the side of the road.

But yes, I'd like to see a feasibility report.

Oliver Moore‏@moore_oliver 5m5 minutes ago
Interesting comment from Keesmaat to Matlow, picked up by mic: "If your motion passes, we will stop the work on the Scarborough subway"

Jennifer Pagliaro‏Verified account@jpags 6m6 minutes ago
Mic near Keesmaat was on during break. Can be heard telling Matlow: "If your motion passes, we will stop the work on the Scarborough subway"

Jennifer Pagliaro‏Verified account@jpags 3m3 minutes ago
Why work on subway would have stop to do comparison Matlow is asking for isn't clear. Mayor's office suggesting there isn't adequate staff

You mean, like this intensification node?

View attachment 103348

It is useful as a stop because of Scarborough Hospital - but the redevelopment potential is rather limited - two strip malls in SE and SW (backed up against the yellow belt, good luck building tall there). It doesn't hold a candle against the SRT corridor in terms of ultimate redevelopment potential.

AoD

Simply not true. There's nothing that can be done with the SRT corridor pre STC except Lawrence.

However, here you have the hospital and strip malls. Also, bungalows on McCowan road and Lawrence could be replaced by midrises along those stretch.*

*Now before people jump on this, it's being done as we speak and since over a decade ago all along Shepard Avenue from Downsview Station to past Kennedy road. I'm sure that's what they meant by higher potential along the corridor.

Simply not true. There's nothing that can be done with the SRT corridor pre STC except Lawrence.

However, here you have the hospitals and strip malls. Also, bungalows on McCowan roads could be replaced by midrises along the stretch.*

*Now before people jump on this, it's being done as we speak and since over a decade ago all along Shepard Avenue from Downsview Station ton past Kennedy road. I'm sure that's what they meant by higher potential along the corridor.

I agree with you. Allen and Lawrence area is very similar to Lawrence and McCowan and the homes are starting to be torn down. Very solid potential. Although I believe there are talks of building a new Hospital closer to SCC

Oliver Moore‏@moore_oliver 5m5 minutes ago
Interesting comment from Keesmaat to Matlow, picked up by mic: "If your motion passes, we will stop the work on the Scarborough subway"

Jennifer Pagliaro‏Verified account@jpags 6m6 minutes ago
Mic near Keesmaat was on during break. Can be heard telling Matlow: "If your motion passes, we will stop the work on the Scarborough subway"

Jennifer Pagliaro‏Verified account@jpags 3m3 minutes ago
Why work on subway would have stop to do comparison Matlow is asking for isn't clear. Mayor's office suggesting there isn't adequate staff

What is Matlow's motion?

Back